Injury Report: Aaron Ekblad 3/28/21 (fractured leg), out fishing with the boys

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
After seeing how he went down and then how he was grasping his knee. A broken leg is probably the best outcome you could have hoped for. Who knows how quick a recovery he can make.

Reactions: harv33173

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
At least it’s not the knee, healing a fracture is much better than a ligament, especially given his lack of speed already. That was scary, and while it’s a complete punch to the gut for our season it’s glad to know that it’s nothing too serious and he’ll be back in roughly 3 months, lucky compared to what it could’ve been.

having said that, no one is going to straight up replace what he brought, but I did want to bring in savard regardless, probably good to do that if possible. Unless the idea of us getting past Carolina (most likely them as it’s shaking out so far) in the first round is thought to be slim but i don’t think it would be. We’re pretty even with them. I think adding savard if the price isn’t too bad would still be a good choice.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I mean... 3 months.. You never know we might get a 3 month COVID break?

Reactions: scholl

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Didn't the North Division just have a bunch of games rescheduled? I think it might have pushed the season back a week. Don't quote me on that.

They did, though I believes it's just a few days total:

NHL.com Media Site

As for Ekblad, not a Panthers fan but sorry to hear. He was having a phenomenal season and Florida looked like a real threat to go on a run in the playoffs.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Swinging by to give you all my best, Flo Bros. God this sucks. I'm so sorry this happened because I was hoping we'd FINALLY be able to get it on in the playoffs and at full health. I guess I'll still have to pull for that playoff matchup anyway.

But anyway I wish Ekblad all the best in his recovery and that he doesn't go through the same mental hurdles as what Stamkos went through. Guy wasn't the same after his broken leg for a very long time despite getting goal scoring and point totals -if that makes any sense.

Good luck to him and the rest of the Cats

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ducks fan here

just stopping by to say i hope ekblad can make a full recovery and get back to playing the way he was this season for you guys. absolutely brutal injury but its 10x worse considering the season he was having. i know our teams are the furthest thing from rivals but the panthers have always been my EC team. hoping for the best for ekblad and the panthers in the long run

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
ducks fan here

just stopping by to say i hope ekblad can make a full recovery and get back to playing the way he was this season for you guys. absolutely brutal injury but its 10x worse considering the season he was having. i know our teams are the furthest thing from rivals but the panthers have always been my EC team. hoping for the best for ekblad and the panthers in the long run
I honestly believe that part of the scream and pain he was going through on the ice on Sunday were part that he realized he suffered a bad injury and he's having a season for the ages. There'll never be any way to prove this, but I feel like the raw emotion of him undergoing that injury, while having a career-best season was a shock to the system for him.

Reactions: KW

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I honestly believe that part of the scream and pain he was going through on the ice on Sunday were part that he realized he suffered a bad injury and he's having a season for the ages. There'll never be any way to prove this, but I feel like the raw emotion of him undergoing that injury, while having a career-best season was a shock to the system for him.

I've never broken my leg, but my understanding is that it's basically about the most painful thing you can experience. Frankly, I believe it.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I've never broken my leg, but my understanding is that it's basically about the most painful thing you can experience. Frankly, I believe it.
My Mom fell down the stairs and had the same injury years ago.

We got her a powerful magnet to rub on the area of the break and spur bone regeneration. She was weight bearing in 6 or 7 weeks.

I am sure with a group of medical experts Ek will be just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad