Injury Report: Aaron Ekblad 3/28/21 (fractured leg), out fishing with the boys

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
First time I've teared up watching a player go down. He's been my favorite Panther over the years and on pace for a Norris caliber season. All we can do is hope nothing is broken and that he recovers well.

I also cried because I could feel our chances of a play off run evaporating.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It sure sucked. I had a knot in my stomach. You instantly think of all the work and Rehab it's going to take for him to come back and you feel for him. You can see and off to the side Yands with his glove over his face. Active Iron Man could have had something like that happen to him and it is suddenly over.
Just a weird little shove that made his right leg step on air and panic, then he put his left leg down. Probably snapped his femur. I've never done it, but you hear from people who have that when they come back, that leg is stronger than ever.

I wish him well, and a healthy recovery.
:heart:

At this point the hope for me is that he can return at 100% sometime next season.

I think his goal would be to make opening day next year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss the first month or two. Thus, playing the final 2/3 of next regular-season.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
First time I've teared up watching a player go down. He's been my favorite Panther over the years and on pace for a Norris caliber season. All we can do is hope nothing is broken and that he recovers well.

I also cried because I could feel our chances of a play off run evaporating.
I did as well.

I also remember being shocked in utter Silence when I saw Z's neck injury. That one was plain gruesome with blood. You also didn't know if the guy was going to live or die.

I

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

Futher comments by YouTube doctor Brian Sutterer:
Ekblad is reportedly flying home with the team, so that certainly is good news and rules out any major fracture/traumatic injury. MRI tomorrow. Given that updated information, knee ligaments and high ankle sprain would be high on the differential. Great news he's flying home as he would almost certainly still be at the hospital if it were a tibia fracture or dislocation

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Jets fan here. I was watching the game and horrified when they showed the replay after as it happened being the play. My stomach literally sank watching him writhing in pain. Hoping he has a speedy recovery and comes back with a vengeance.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad