Confirmed with Link: Aaron Cohen out as President and CEO

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
For an organization in need of stability like no other, this is terrible news no matter what the reason for his departure.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
For all anyone knows Cohen may be leaving on his own initiative to a bigger position somewhere else.

The optics of this were not going to be good no matter what so I’ll wait to see how it plays out a little more.
His community outreach ability is tremendous. Guessing 20 or so MLB teams would love to have his skillset in their organizations.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
For all anyone knows Cohen may be leaving on his own initiative to a bigger position somewhere else.

The optics of this were not going to be good no matter what so I’ll wait to see how it plays out a little more.

I agree, but this seems like a strange time to switch jobs or careers.

In any event, whether he left on his own accord or not, I'm going to miss him.
He was a great AZ Coyotes pro-activist. Definitely made a great impression in the community.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Presumably, our new owner is making his mark on the team. I'll be disappointed if all we're doing is getting a makeover of the executives without addressing the GM and coaching... Especially when all indications are that Cohen is a positive asset for the team.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Presumably, our new owner is making his mark on the team. I'll be disappointed if all we're doing is getting a makeover of the executives without addressing the GM and coaching... Especially when all indications are that Cohen is a positive asset for the team.

I would be less disappointed if they fired the f*** out of RT. It still sucks, because I really liked Cohen.

Reactions: Jakey53

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
I think it is great that the team is making changes, it shows the owner is not afraid to nuke out people. I usually trust a self made billionaire with decisions about management. He has not even owned the team for a year and he is cleaning house. Looking forward to see who the axe falls on next.

Reactions: RemoAZ and lanky

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Yeah same here. Remember the big press conference last year... The "I sure as shit want to win" one. Aaron was a big part of that day.
I'm not going to bring up the C word but if that stupid Simmons rumor has any legs the LA Kings are my new team maybe.
What Simmons rumor?

Reactions: Jagged Ice

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think it is great that the team is making changes, it shows the owner is not afraid to nuke out people. I usually trust a self made billionaire with decisions about management. He has not even owned the team for a year and he is cleaning house. Looking forward to see who the axe falls on next.
Exactly my read.
A positive sign.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Lets wait and see why this happened, we don't know yet. From a hockey perspective, nobody should be untouchable based on our results, but they both might have left on their own too, lets wait and see.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't really care about this. Only natural that Meruelo will want to bring in his own people once he gets a feel for this thing.

Also, Cohen could do a thousand good things for the community but it wouldn't hold a candle to a decent run of on-ice success. Fix that problem first.

Reactions: RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I don't really care about this. Only natural that Meruelo will want to bring in his own people once he gets a feel for this thing.

Also, Cohen could do a thousand good things for the community but it wouldn't hold a candle to a decent run of on-ice success. Fix that problem first.

Exactly. I don't really care who holds the positions vacated today. Wake me up when you make changes that will positively affect the on ice product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad