Winston-Salem NC
It's official, I'm teaming up with VI and we're in as HC Davos

davos.gif

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
It's official, I'm teaming up with VI and we're in as HC Davos
DaveG & VanIslander - HC Davos :yo:

30-time Swiss league champion HC Davos has hosted the annual international invitee Spengler Cup tournament since 1923.

50333_42821546512_4650_n.jpg

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'll send you a PM but I'd be glad to join with ya.

Looks like we're teaming up; team name TBD.

We still starting this thing on Oct 1?

How does the clock work? Same as last time - everyone can pick at 9AM; we can PM the commish the night before and he'll pick for us at 9? Actually, that probably won't work as 9AM EST is 7AM for 70s...

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
we can PM the commish the night before and he'll pick for us at 9? Actually, that probably won't work as 9AM EST is 7AM for 70s...
If you don't mind, I am willing to help ADMINISTRATE the thread, with seventieslord as the COMMISH for any important decisions. 9AM EST = 10 PM Korean Time, 13 hours ahead. I'm almost always home at that time, as I finish work at 9pm.

(Or, at least, if someone wanted to PM me their pick the night before, I'll post it just before posting our pick at 9am.)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
1. Velociraptor - St. John's Ice Caps
2. BiLLY_ShOE1721 - Philadelphia Sting
3. seventieslord - Regina Pat Canadiens
4. Reen Machine - Montreal Jack of Diamonds
5. tony d - Garnish Pride
6. Modo - Dawson City Nuggets
7. jkrx - Detroit Cougars
8. Bring Back Scuderi - Quad City Mallards
9. DaveG & VanIslander - HC Davos
10. TheDevilMadeMe & chaosrevolver - Springfield Indians

If we start October 1st, then the deadline to join is presumably Friday night, or Saturday at the latest.

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
If you don't mind, I am willing to help ADMINISTRATE the thread, with seventieslord as the COMMISH for any important decisions. 9AM EST = 10 PM Korean Time, 13 hours ahead. I'm almost always home at that time, as I finish work at 9pm.

(Or, at least, if someone wanted to PM me their pick the night before, I'll post it just before posting our pick at 9am.)

I don't see why anyone should have a problem PMing you our pick. It wouldn't be any different than sending any other GM a list and you'd be more likely to be online.

I also don't mind changing the time to another time, but 9am EST was what we used last time.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I don't see why anyone should have a problem PMing you our pick. It wouldn't be any different than sending any other GM a list and you'd be more likely to be online.

I also don't mind changing the time to another time, but 9am EST was what we used last time.

what about noon EST? that gives everyone in north america an equal chance of being awake to make their pick. (it's 9 AM in Vancouver and 10 AM here, for example, instead of 6 and 7)

also, I don't want to administrate or commish. I can't access the site from work which instantly cuts out 80% of the hfboards time that I used to have.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Looks like we're teaming up; team name TBD.

We still starting this thing on Oct 1?

How does the clock work? Same as last time - everyone can pick at 9AM; we can PM the commish the night before and he'll pick for us at 9? Actually, that probably won't work as 9AM EST is 7AM for 70s...
Confirmed.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
what about noon EST? that gives everyone in north america an equal chance of being awake to make their pick. (it's 9 AM in Vancouver and 10 AM here, for example, instead of 6 and 7)

also, I don't want to administrate or commish. I can't access the site from work which instantly cuts out 80% of the hfboards time that I used to have.

noon EST makes sense to me.

I imagine the draft thread has to be up tomorrow night at the latest if we start noon on Saturday. a non-mod should probably make it so you have the most help editing

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
wait until noon instead of when most of you get up?

well, noon eastern is 1am the next morning for me ( i usually do not stay up that late)

no one send me any picks if we go with that time: daveG can pick for the team

(i won't be able to pick until at least 7pm eastern time under that method)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I really don't care what time we pick.

Noon EST seems to work better for North Americans to make live picks, but it would definitely be nice to have someone who would almost always be on to PM picks to, such as the case at 9 EST>

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
We'll be the famous Springfield Indians of the AHL.

The team, not what it once was in the post-expansion universe, used one of the most hilarious logos of all-time in 1974-75:

sprind75.gif

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
So uh...

are we starting at 9am est tomorrow, noon est tomorrow, or pushing it back the start date until we find a commish....

if we start at 9am tomorrow, i'd like to PM VI our pick...

Perhaps pushing the start date back to Monday might make sense?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->