AA to 3rd Line Center if Hank doesn't play

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
As with the majority, I'm not convinced it'll be a success, but I'm fine with it.

The way I see it, even if he flops as a center, it should help him focus on some things that should benefit him wherever he ends up playing. I'm not convinced he has the hockey sense to play center, because he doesn't use his teeam-mates well enough or defend well enough, but I suppose it depends partly on his line-mates. Of course with his elite level skating, the more ice you can get him to access the better. I think it could work with Vanek on one wing and a defensively strong player on another.

As many have pointed out, now is a good time to experiment! it will be a surprise if we make the playoffs, so why not learn as much about what roster players we have as we can. Either he improves or we move on from him. His trade value isn't that high right now, so not much to lose there either....

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
As with the majority, I'm not convinced it'll be a success, but I'm fine with it.

The way I see it, even if he flops as a center, it should help him focus on some things that should benefit him wherever he ends up playing. I'm not convinced he has the hockey sense to play center, because he doesn't use his teeam-mates well enough or defend well enough, but I suppose it depends partly on his line-mates. Of course with his elite level skating, the more ice you can get him to access the better. I think it could work with Vanek on one wing and a defensively strong player on another.

As many have pointed out, now is a good time to experiment! it will be a surprise if we make the playoffs, so why not learn as much about what roster players we have as we can. Either he improves or we move on from him. His trade value isn't that high right now, so not much to lose there either....
I can see Abbs fitting well on that line with Vanek. More defensive player and brings physicality to that line.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It makes sense. Our depth at center is pretty lean when we take out Z.

1. Larkin
2. Nielsen
3. AA or Helm are the only two we have that can play C unless Rasmussen gets the spot.
4. Glendenning

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
I don’t think AA is the lost cause that you guys claim. At the end of his contract if he’s still the same player then oh well, no big loss. I don’t see any reason to be upset with giving a young player an opportunity to develop. I am way higher on AA developing into a good center than letting Darren Helm center the third line. These complaints sound ridiculous to me

Reactions: kliq

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
It makes sense. Our depth at center is pretty lean when we take out Z.

1. Larkin
2. Nielsen
3. AA or Helm are the only two we have that can play C unless Rasmussen gets the spot.
4. Glendenning

I am with you. While I don't think he will thrive at center, we don't exactly have a ton of options. Honestly, I expect that we will see all three at that position at some point this season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My pre-season lines:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Rasmussen - Nielsen - Nyquist
Vanek - AA - Zadina
Helm - Glendening - Abdelkader
Svechnikov - Holmstrom - Frk
Smith - Turgeon - Witkowski

DeKeyser - Green
Kronwall - Hronek
Cholowski - Daley
Ericsson - Saarijärvi
Hicketts - Jensen

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I would love to see Zetterberg center Rasmussen and Zadina. The two kids could have killed it playing with that old goat. Everything about it would be absolutely perfect. The combination of skill sets would do some serious damage; just think of Z setting up Zadina with Ras causing mayhem in front of the net. Z would passed on so much more than just one timers. All three are regarded as highly competitive and have experience being team leaders.

Sigh. :shakehead What could have been...

Edit: wrong thread. I guess I should come back to reality now.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I would love to see Zetterberg center Rasmussen and Zadina. The two kids could have killed it playing with that old goat. .
Still possible...if Z has an epiphany and his back heals in a few months....he returns just in time as the DRW's make the PO's

Reactions: SirloinUB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->