AA to 3rd Line Center if Hank doesn't play

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Barf. Those will be some sort shifts, with a center who doesn't play defense, trying to back check after cherrypicking in the offensive zone.

The silver lining: top 5 pick, here we come.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I guess AA at 3C is worth a shot, however improbable, despite his defensive shortcomings, subpar faceoffs, unengaged play, poor positioning, mediocre playmaking...Helm can take draws in the D zone.

Bert/Z/Raz--Larks--Mantha
Bert/Z/Raz--Nielsen--Nike
Bert/Raz/Helm--AA--Vanek
Raz/Helm--Glen-Abby
Frk & Witk.

Z=Zadina.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
eww,not even touching on defense playing AA at center goes against his strengths as a player so much

not sure why i'm even surprised though wish this team had a real coach,Blashill's probably gonna blame AA when it doesn't work out and use it as an excuse to bench him or play him 10 minutes/night too

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Bertuzzi-Larkin--Mantha
Abdelkader-Nielsen-Nyquist
Rasmussen-Athanasiou-Vanek
Helm-Glendening-Frk
Witkowski

My guess is Zadina starts the season in Grand Rapids until a roster spot opens up.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
You’d think posters would have accepted the team is bad and rebuilding by now. Imagine being a fan of a team that wasn’t one of the most successful sports franchises in the last twenty years. They find ways to talk about their team without whining in every single post. We get it. The team is bad

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
You’d think posters would have accepted the team is bad and rebuilding by now. Imagine being a fan of a team that wasn’t one of the most successful sports franchises in the last twenty years. They find ways to talk about their team without whining in every single post. We get it. The team is bad

god forbid anybody complain about a bad decision that literally just happened

lets go talk about how the Wings won the Cup a decade ago instead

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
god forbid anybody complain about a bad decision that literally just happened

lets go talk about how the Wings won the Cup a decade ago instead
Bad decision because you say so? Because Blashill is bad and everything he does is wrong? These posts go to the same place every time. People have an emotional feeling towards the team and can’t think logically. Watch some other teams for a while it’s not that bad

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Bad decision because you say so? Because Blashill is bad and everything he does is wrong? These posts go to the same place every time. People have an emotional feeling towards the team and can’t think logically. Watch some other teams for a while it’s not that bad

Very good point. There is nothing wrong with criticizing the Wings, but some people just can't assess things with logic and they unfortunately base their opinions on emotion.

I can't say I have a problem with this. If we were contenders and putting AA at 3C hurt our chances at a playoff spot or cup, I would completely see the logic of being against the move.

The way I look at it, if AA sucks at 3C, who cares as we want to finish bottom 5 anyways. If AA excels at 3C, then we have a trio of Larkin-Veleno-AA as our 1-2-3 C's for the next 5 years OR we have a valuable trade chip as C's have more worth then wingers. It's win-win.

Last edited:
Reactions: newfy

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

bad decision because it literally goes against everything AA is as a player

his weaknesses are he's bad defensively,he doesn't put in enough effort,he sucks at faceoffs,his hockey iq sucks and his strengths are better suited to playing on the Wing as well

hey here's a great idea let's try and make him a center for some reason even though it goes against both his weaknesses and his strengths

either Blashill's a total idiot,he's trying to set AA up to fail so he has an excuse to bench him/barely play him,or both,there's really no middle ground here

Reactions: jkutswings

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

his weaknesses are he's bad defensively,he doesn't put in enough effort,he sucks at faceoffs,his hockey iq sucks and his strengths are better suited to playing on the Wing as well

hey here's a great idea let's try and make him a center for some reason even though it goes against both his weaknesses and his strengths

either Blashill's a total idiot,he's trying to set AA up to fail so he has an excuse to bench him/barely play him,or both,there's really no middle ground here
I like AA, well sorta, and I like this decision. He's had a couple years. I think it's sink or swim time.

He will either rise to the challenge or he'll fail and we'll know we can let him go for whatever to a team that would like a speedster who can get them a game changing goal in 10 minutes of IT a game.

Zetterberg gone is a GIANT hole at the center position AND minutes. AA has a huge opportunity here like he's never had before. That's been his attitude this whole time. "Give me a chance." He's going to get a chance is Z is gone. It's all on him now. More minutes, center position, big responsibilities.

Like I said, sink or swim.

I would imagine this is similar to what the Wings' brass is thinking. At least I hope it is. The fact they signed him to another contract to me says they haven't given up yet but obviously they're not in love with him either, that much has always been clear.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016

If you say so. Not even agreeing with your assessment of him but young players do develop skills in the NHL

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Being bad is fine. Making stupid decisions isn't. The next time AA acts like a center will be his first.

Reactions: ealong59

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Am I the only one upset that they are wasting away Larkin's wheels and youth for a bottom feeder garbage roster under Jeff Tankhill Trashill Blashill?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Am I the only one upset that they are wasting away Larkin's wheels and youth for a bottom feeder garbage roster under Jeff Tankhill Trashill Blashill?
?????????

Implying if we got rid of Blashill, this roster might be a contender?????????

If you have problems with the "garbage roster" your problem isn't with Jeff Blashill.

Reactions: Henkka

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Barf. Those will be some sort shifts, with a center who doesn't play defense, trying to back check after cherrypicking in the offensive zone.

The silver lining: top 5 pick, here we come.
Does it really matter? The nhl doesn’t play defensive systems where the centerman has to be low in the d zone to support the d if one of the wingers is F1( first forward back) he’s gonna act like the center and take those responsibilities

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

Maybe he’s trying to give him more responsibility and make him into a better more complete player. I don’t necessarily think center is bad for him I actually think he can be dynamic with his speed and skill up the middle as the middle of th ice is a way more dangerous area then the walls

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Helm's on a pretty sweet contract for a 4th line winger.

(I'll get over his contract eventually but apparently not yet. :laugh:)

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->