Confirmed with Link: AA has made the opening night roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Shaman, I get where you're coming from regarding the hype around AA, but to say he's another plug is ignoring his high level talent he flashed routinely in limited ice. Yes, limited ice, but so many flashes so quickly is usually a great sign. We never saw plays like that from the other middle line guys through the system like Abby or Helm. That's what is exciting about his ceiling. He shows great offensive instincts at high speed, which usually translates into sustainable offense in the modern NHL.

My big hope is that AA and Larkin turn into a sort of Bergeron and Krejci tandem. Neither of those guys are elite scorers like McDavid or Eichel will be, but they make life hell for the opposing team and generate a lot of pressure every damn shift.

Sprinkle in some goal scorer's, and Detroit's good.

Can't wait to see AA with more confidence/ice time.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Shaman, I get where you're coming from regarding the hype around AA, but to say he's another plug is ignoring his high level talent he flashed routinely in limited ice. Yes, limited ice, but so many flashes so quickly is usually a great sign. We never saw plays like that from the other middle line guys through the system like Abby or Helm. That's what is exciting about his ceiling. He shows great offensive instincts at high speed, which usually translates into sustainable offense in the modern NHL.

It should also have translated into big offense in the AHL though, yes?

My big hope is that AA and Larkin turn into a sort of Bergeron and Krejci tandem. Neither of those guys are elite scorers like McDavid or Eichel will be, but they make life hell for the opposing team and generate a lot of pressure every damn shift.

Enh. AA is fast, so if nothing else he'll have a Helm-ish role on the team. Raising expectations much beyond that is Nyquist-ian wishcasting that, as it did with Nyquist, ends up excessively souring the fanbase on the guy.

The question with AA is going to be how he reacts to people being aware of him, as it is with all players just entering the league. They're all pretty good, but what sets the difference-makers apart from just being another guy is how they are able to adjust to adjustments.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
It should also have translated into big offense in the AHL though, yes?

Enh. AA is fast, so if nothing else he'll have a Helm-ish role on the team. Raising expectations much beyond that is Nyquist-ian wishcasting that, as it did with Nyquist, ends up excessively souring the fanbase on the guy.

The question with AA is going to be how he reacts to people being aware of him, as it is with all players just entering the league. They're all pretty good, but what sets the difference-makers apart from just being another guy is how they are able to adjust to adjustments.

It's weird to say this, but I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad