Injury Report: AA Cleared to play on 12/9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not too bad considering. Definitely hoping for a Mantha call-up, if it doesn't happen it will start to get ridiculous.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Yeah 1-2 weeks isn't really all that bad, Considering that it looked much worse. Heal up quick AA we really need you out there.

Watch the video of the hit. The goon leaves his feet and brings his knee up way off the ice to get him. Then he goes for Bert's head on the glass. I hope the NHL gets him.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Watch the video of the hit. The goon leaves his feet and brings his knee up way off the ice to get him. Then he goes for Bert's head on the glass. I hope the NHL gets him.

Yep i noticed that as well, He knocks the puck off AA's stick and then lunges at him coming off his skates. It definitely looked dirty to me some might not agree with me. If he hits him into the boards it would be a clean hit but it definitely looked like he lunged at him.

Perfect timing. Get Mantha up to play Montreal...He seems to have a niche for scoring on them..and we all know we need help scoring!

Wasn't his first game last year against the Habs as well, When he scored his first goal. Or had he already played a game or two. Can't remember.

Well injuries are inevitable, might as well hope for relatively minor ones.

Yep they will happen, Looking like Vanek could be back in a week. And 1-2 weeks for AA and about 2 weeks for Jurco and then hopefully we will stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Thank god. Could have been much worse. AA needs to protect those knees!

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Give him an extra 2 weeks if he needs it. Speed is his #1 game changing ability, don't rush him back and slow him down.

I'm kind of mad no one fought that monster. He creamed AA and injured him then put his forearm into the back of Little Bert's head.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
I want to say he had played in one or two prior but his first goal was against Habs though

He played in 4 games prior to Montreal. Both his goals he scored were against the Habs in separate games. Both on the PP.

FWIW, his 1 assist last year came against TB, who we play on Tues.

Edit: Should point out that his goals were scored against Scrivens and Condon.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Give him an extra 2 weeks if he needs it. Speed is his #1 game changing ability, don't rush him back and slow him down.

I'm kind of mad no one fought that monster. He creamed AA and injured him then put his forearm into the back of Little Bert's head.

I thought the same thing.
Where the hell was Ott? Or Abby.?

The rest of them won't/can't.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

I'd rather punch Smith and Kronwall in the face. I watched that play 20 times. Kronwall has forwards open but waits, waits, skating slow as molasses...by that time AA has skated all the way across ice and to the opposite blue line. Finally Kronwall gets it over to Smith. Instead of dumping the puck in Smith makes a stupid dish, essentially a suicide pass, off to Athanasiou who has to take a big check to make the play. Still pisses me off thinking about it. :rant:

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
He played in 4 games prior to Montreal. Both his goals he scored were against the Habs in separate games. Both on the PP.

FWIW, his 1 assist last year came against TB, who we play on Tues.

Edit: Should point out that his goals were scored against Scrivens and Condon.

Well either way, we need all the goal scoring we can get. Let us give Price his first loss of the season eh.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006

the leagues official policy on players that try to injure Red Wings players is screw Detroit.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The elbow to the head was dirty, very dirty. He should be suspended. The wings have to react.

I am surprised too. Were they afraid or what?

I thought the same thing.
Where the hell was Ott? Or Abby.?

The rest of them won't/can't.
Ott or Ericsson.
I'd rather punch Smith and Kronwall in the face. I watched that play 20 times. Kronwall has forwards open but waits, waits, skating slow as molasses...by that time AA has skated all the way across ice and to the opposite blue line. Finally Kronwall gets it over to Smith. Instead of dumping the puck in Smith makes a stupid dish, essentially a suicide pass, off to Athanasiou who has to take a big check to make the play. Still pisses me off thinking about it. :rant:
Your teammate can really get you killed.:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead
the leagues official policy on players that try to injure Red Wings players is screw Detroit.
I hope it is not so. That was a very dirty one.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Any news?

From today:
Speedster Andreas Athanasiou's return from a sprained knee suffered Nov. 10 is still not on the horizon.

“He’s a couple of weeks away,†Holland said of Athanasiou. “He skated a little bit on his own the last two days, but he’ll have to practice with the team for at least a week before he can play. And he’s not there yet.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad