Aa Abeachball (LOS)

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
That's a very good goalie with alot of games already...even better than Cam Ward?? :handclap:

Kings gm if you are interested in dealing Cam Ward let me know he will get plenty of ice time here....:sarcasm:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I knew he had the fake roster player on his team but didn't realize he was starting.

Does this sit wrong with other people as much as it does with me? I'm not sure if this was an auto-line thing by the SIM or if GM McEwan submitted him as the starter but 7 straight starts by him takes away from the competitive spirit of the game a little in my books.:shakehead

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I knew he had the fake roster player on his team but didn't realize he was starting.

Does this sit wrong with other people as much as it does with me? I'm not sure if this was an auto-line thing by the SIM or if GM McEwan submitted him as the starter but 7 straight starts by him takes away from the competitive spirit of the game a little in my books.:shakehead

I am sure when Mr. Hall or Mr. Seguin arrive, Cam Ward will get more starts.... :sarcasm:

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Don't know why but i have the same impression :sarcasm:...He will get more ice time when Hall or Seguin will be draft by him.......:welcome: Mr Hall or Seguin

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I believe this is an idiosyncracy of the sim; if you look, you'll notice that Mike has only submitted lines twice (which is double the submissions of some GMs... :shakehead). I don't expect it was the plan or intention for Beachball to be starting like this, but his lack of involvement has allowed it to happen.

Barring a protest (and rationalization, which would have to be pretty damned convincing) from Mike, I would ask Mathew to substitute Ward as the starter until further notice. It's bad enough that Mike hasn't made a (visible) effort to procure another goaltender, even on a stop-gap basis; it's inexcusable for the scrub to be starting.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but I have only submitted lines once this year because my lines didn't change and they still won't change. Does that qualify me as being "inactive"?

I just really don't see the point of continuously updating the same lines, but i'll do it serves some kind of benefit to the league.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
This may be a dumb question, but I have only submitted lines once this year because my lines didn't change and they still won't change. Does that qualify me as being "inactive"?

I just really don't see the point of continuously updating the same lines, but i'll do it serves some kind of benefit to the league.

As long as you make changes when you have injuries than you won't be considered inactive. However, I find changing lines and strategy really helps against some teams.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
This sim also allows you to submit lines for 10 games at a time so I also rarely submit lines. ;)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Yeah, I've had a number of suspensions and injuries and trades to deal with, so I've had to be busier than most, despite playing the fewest games in the league so far. But as Hasnain says, your only obligation is to ensure your lines are current to reflect injuries, etc. Beyond that, if you want to keep exactly the same lines, strategies and ticket prices for the entire season, that's your prerogative.

That is not the case with LA, unfortunately.

Default101

just go to copy all lines where you edit your line-up.. it'll set lines for 10 games.. but your lines won't change untill you have an injury

As far as Aa Abeachball getting some extra action in it's nice to win a few games and stay close to the playoff race.. but i believe intentional tanking is in the rules with the min OV. I'm pretty sure LA isn't doing this intentionally to tank.. but i believe the consequence would be dropping o ne spot in the draft.. so if he gets 3rd he'd drop to 4th.. anyways i'm sure the league could put together a timeline for him to find another goaltender to replace Abeachball or face whatever consequences the league decides to impliment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad