A WINNING FORMULA: Players we need to build around

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I think that we are close but not close enough to being a contender in the NHL, I think that this year and last year are great and will be great if we make the playoffs, but I think we are still 3 years away from being a contender at least.

We need to build around:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Vanek - Plekanec - XXXXX
Prust - Eller - Thomas
Wiese - White - XXXXX

Subban - Tinordi
XXXXX - Beaulieu
Gorges - Emelin

Price

That being said we are still a top six forward away, bottom nine forward away and a top three defenseman away from being anywhere close to the Boston's and Penguin's of the east, that being said, who is available at these positions starting this summer or next year?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think that we are close but not close enough to being a contender in the NHL, I think that this year and last year are great and will be great if we make the playoffs, but I think we are still 3 years away from being a contender at least.

We need to build around:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Vanek - Plekanec - XXXXX
Prust - Eller - Thomas
Wiese - White - XXXXX

Subban - Tinordi
XXXXX - Beaulieu
Gorges - Emelin

Price

That being said we are still a top six forward away, bottom nine forward away and a top three defenseman away from being anywhere close to the Boston's and Penguin's of the east, that being said, who is available at these positions starting this summer or next year?

I think you need to take out the bolded players as they are not players you build around.

It would be closer to:

Patches Galchenyuk Gally

PK Tinner
Beaulieu Emelin

Price

Sad to say but we're a long ways away from being a contender. We need some of our prospects like DLR, Big Mac etc to turn into regular NHLers to have a shot at being a competative team for years to come. We also need some shrewd trades to pick up some good young assets to help the odds out. Something I would have hoped Markov could have fetched but wasn't going to happen given the price for players this year.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Take Vanek out of that list, you can't plan around an UFA cause if you do IMO you're in deep ****. We have no idea what will happen

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I think you need to take out the bolded players as they are not players you build around.

It would be closer to:

Patches Galchenyuk Gally

PK Tinner
Beaulieu Emelin

Price

Sad to say but we're a long ways away from being a contender. We need some of our prospects like DLR, Big Mac etc to turn into regular NHLers to have a shot at being a competative team for years to come. We also need some shrewd trades to pick up some good young assets to help the odds out. Something I would have hoped Markov could have fetched but wasn't going to happen given the price for players this year.

Prust is a guy you build around. He definatley is.

He wears the team on his sleeve.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Scratch Vanek, Thomas, and Eller from this list.

Neither can be counted on in this organization.

Prust is better suited to be a 4th line little thug.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
That third line sounds like another formula to get Eller into another 20 game slump. You're going to need third line wingers that can stay healthy and can provide at least good speed & board work

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
replace thomas with ghetto and take vanek out. stralman would be an easy/cheap fix to our top 4 RD problem but new york is gonna resign him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad