Post-Game Talk: A Winner Is You... Jets beat Canucks 4-1!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Yep. That's a ****-load of talent on display, and I love the tenacity and puck protection Laine showed there, the vision of Ehlers to quickly get the puck to Little, and Little's shot.

Would have been an even better story if he hadn't hit the crossbar, but great sequence nevertheless, and hopefully portends future success.

Laine has been doing that more and more each game so far this year if I remember correctly. He had at least two of those sequences in the first period alone last night. I am amazed that such a tall lanky guy can handle the puck in as tight of an area as he does this year. His skating looks much improved in those areas.

If Ehlers can continue to look around better, he will be a force. He has so much speed, he just needs to take a look around sometimes. i.e. when he skated all around the opposition goal one time last night and lost possession when Laine was right in front of the goal...... small quick pass out in front when headed behind the net and bingo!

Reactions: JetsFan815

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I find myself anxious for one of them to get in front of the net while they have possession in the O zone. Very often they are kept to the boards and the opposition is probably very happy with this. One of them will get a little time but there isn't anyone getting open in a dangerous area.

That's the one thing that Laine was doing last night a lot, getting right in front of the net. I think it's the first game I've seen that from him.

We need much more net front presence imo.

Yeah he would have potted the Buff goal if Buff hasn’t come streaking, as they were standing side by side. He was often open in the slot which will result in good things.

The Oilers loss may have been good for the team in the end, as it woke guys up and made them work for the points again. I think they were taking things for granted considering how tentative the team had looked.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Interesting. TOI much closer then many claim. Also went to check number of shifts and shift length also pretty equal across the forwards as well.

It has changed now, which had to happen. Very glad the fourth is getting more minutes as well, they deserve it.

Reactions: Ducky10

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I’d have to double check but, IIRC, I think the Wheeler line has started terribly in Corsi/xGoals most starts of the season... there might be something to his late starts.

Took the Scheifele-Wheeler duo some time to get untracked last season...
upload_2018-10-19_12-28-22.png

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
What I liked about that play is that both Laine and Ehlers knew what they were going to do with the puck in advance. Laine moved up the boards to create space for Ehlers and then popped it back to him. Ehlers already knew that he was going to center it to Little before he got the puck. That sort of anticipation is a sign that they are getting more comfortable together.
Bang on, and they weren't spread out all over the place. They've been terrible at isolating themselves.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Yeah he would have potted the Buff goal if Buff hasn’t come streaking, as they were standing side by side. He was often open in the slot which will result in good things.

The Oilers loss may have been good for the team in the end, as it woke guys up and made them work for the points again. I think they were taking things for granted considering how tentative the team had looked.

That, or people in supermarkets were telling them they looked like wusses.

Reactions: Tommigun

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
So Little's contract looks like a steal now ... Little has the game winning goals in half of the Jets wins.

Lets just hope Little can keep up this pace ? It's to early to know whether he can be consistent in his improved production, but it's very encouraging, considering a lot of people were writing him off.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I’d have to double check but, IIRC, I think the Wheeler line has started terribly in Corsi/xGoals most starts of the season... there might be something to his late starts.
The so called "man camps" perhaps?

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If we could get that Perrault, Roslovic, Lemieux line scoring, we'd have 4 scoring lines, so at anytime during the game, we'd be a threat to score, and one tough team to play against. I 'd love to see them get more ice time--they played very well.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Lets just hope Little can keep up this pace ? It's to early to know whether he can be consistent in his improved production, but it's very encouraging, considering a lot of people were writing him off.
improved production ? he has a 10 year record. last year was the anomaly.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ehlers with a good game, hopefully this gets him going. I want him to score next game to get the monkey off his back but ELL looked dominant

Reactions: NikoEhlers and GNP

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

I don't expect him to put up huge numbers but he is NOT a write off.
Hockey is a team sport other than the Oilers :D if one line hits a brick wall you have the other 3 lines that can roll. You don't have to be on the score sheet every night to prove your worth ... keeping the other team from scoring when you are on the ice is a good thing too.

Reactions: Calendal and GNP

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I kind of expected all of the talented guys to produce. But Lowry Copp Tanev is so damn effective. Man I hope this team stays healthy, the forwards are so deep.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I kind of expected all of the talented guys to produce. But Lowry Copp Tanev is so damn effective. Man I hope this team stays healthy, the forwards are so deep.

I agree totally with this Winnipegger -- the Jet's depth at the forward position, and the scoring threat from any line, makes them one tough team to beat. This gives them a huge advantage over most all other NHL clubs.

I'd like to see the Roslovoc, Lemieux line get more ice time--they looked good against the Canucks.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Soft opposition, so of course everything looks better... but I’ld take it.

You make an I mportant point. Sometimes it’s nice for a team to get a softer one that allows them some room to breath and find their game.

Reactions: Duke749

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Laine, Ehlers and Little looked MUCH better. More effort and determination.

I really liked the 4th line. Lemieux has some skill! Roslovic looks like he's ready to lead the line.

I really hate Myers and Morrow. Please scratch Morrow for Kulikov

NHL officiating is legitmate garbage. I have seen better reffing crews in beer league, and I am not exaggerating.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
We really need to give Niku a chance to develop into a top 4 d-man asap.

There's no way he's much worse than Morrow/Chairot/Kuli right now, and he actually has the potential to be a top 4 guy soon. Right now, if any of 8/44/33 get injured we are royally f***ed. If we can develop Niku into a top 4 guy asap then that will help mitigate that issue.

Reactions: Ducky10

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Hi everyone, Penguins fan visiting over here. I recently saw someone post a Fortnite game log with the username Nalle_Puh29, is that REALLY Patrik Laine's account or was that some kind of inside Jets joke? lol.

From looking through the game log I see that he plays a lot, even before his hockey games. I just wondered if that was legitimately his actual account.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad