Post-Game Talk: A Winner Is You... Jets beat Canucks 4-1!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
There are the Jets, it has taken some time. Other than the d-zone pizza Roslo served up I thought that line was starting to get it going with Lemmy on the wing. That might be a big deal going forward.

Roslo had a rough 1st defensively but was fine afterwards. Same could be said about Morrissey, and Tanev was uncharacteristically bad in the D zone all night.

Reactions: tbone1968

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Hate to be negative after a win but I gotta tell it like it is- I have major concerns about our "1st line". Wheeler is scaring me.

Copp Lowry Tanev is our #1 line in terms of play quality.

Lemieux immediately had more of an impact on that 4th line, was strong on pucks, good in the cycle game and tough physically. If he can stay out of the box, I have hope for him.

Little line finally looked cohesive but I don't know how much confidence I have in them to keep this up. Still happy to see that line keep the puck in the offensive zone and cycle it around. Laine still have giveaways but looked very good overall.

Hopefully Ehlers gets some confidence out of this game.

Buff is the Jets MVP. His impact is immeasurable. Chiarot looked like an NHL d-man again playing along with Buff whereas next to Kuli, he looked like he didn't belong in this league. Either Buff is that good or Kuli that bad.

Icetime distribution much better tonight. Top 3 lines almost played close to the same amount of minutes, and Roslo/Perreault both 10 mins at 5 on 5, which is good. I would like to see Scheifele and Wheeler's icetime cut even more until they justify leading the Jets in ice time. Lowry line should get the most icetime of any Jets line based on their level of play.

Morrissey is going to take us to the cleaners when it comes time for his contract renewal. Would have been better locking him up long term this offseason.

The Jets could have been 5-2-0 had it not been for the meltdown last game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts (8.7)...

CSW - A bit better tonight. Connor was really flying. Scheifele lacked a bit of jump. They need to cut out the long shifts they take attained.

ELL - Terrific game. Ehlers was outstanding. His quickness and vision really damaged thetCanucks. Little continued his strong early season play. His timing with the wingers is improving. Laine did a better job controlling the puck along the boards. His shot still doesn't seem to be where it was last season.

CLT -Another really strong game. They dominated the D down low and made some nice interchanges and plays around the net. Only drawback were some brain cramps by Tanev with the puck in his own zone.

LRM - I thought they really came on as the game progressed. Roslovic was really using his speed and edges to create space. Lemieux was very hard along the boards, and played a smart game. He's earned a longer look. Perreault was really good at puck possession, creating chances.

44-8 Morrissey was outstanding again. He's faster and stronger this year, and making more offensive plays. Trouba probably wants that one rush defense back, but otherwise I thought he was really strong. His puck management and movement is more solid this year compared to early most seasons.

7-33 Chiarot looks a lot better next to Buff, doesn't he? Buff with a strong and steady game. His skills are top grade, but he did whiff on a few slappers tonight.

70-57 Meh. Myers wasn't that bad, though his roughing minor was stupid. Morrow was soft defensively, as he has been too much this year.

Hellebuyck with a really solid game, with a few timely good saves.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Hate to be negative after a win but I gotta tell it like it is- I have major concerns about our "1st line". Wheeler is scaring me.

Copp Lowry Tanev is our #1 line in terms of play quality.

Lemieux immediately had more of an impact on that 4th line, was strong on pucks, good in the cycle game and tough physically. If he can stay out of the box, I have hope for him.

Little line finally looked cohesive but I don't know how much confidence I have in them to keep this up. Still happy to see that line keep the puck in the offensive zone and cycle it around. Laine still have giveaways but looked very good overall.

Hopefully Ehlers gets some confidence out of this game.

Buff is the Jets MVP. His impact is immeasurable. Chiarot looked like an NHL d-man again playing along with Buff whereas next to Kuli, he looked like he didn't belong in this league. Either Buff is that good or Kuli that bad.

Icetime distribution much better tonight. Top 3 lines almost played close to the same amount of minutes, and Roslo/Perreault both 10 mins at 5 on 5, which is good. I would like to see Scheifele and Wheeler's icetime cut even more until they justify leading the Jets in ice time. Lowry line should get the most icetime of any Jets line based on their level of play.

Morrissey is going to take us to the cleaners when it comes time for his contract renewal. Would have been better locking him up long term this offseason.

The Jets could have been 5-2-0 had it not been for the meltdown last game.

Lemieux had more of an effect, while playing more than Vesalainen did in any single game. Imagine that.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The team slept walked through the first 7 minutes of the game then finished the period strong. The second was a bit meh but they ramped it up in the third. I will take the win but the team still has a ways to go.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Hope games like that become the 2018-19 norm rather than the exception. Could still be better though. Laine started strong but regressed a little to wavy stick guy; still at good step in the right direction for him. Good Helly makes everyone look better. Mostly everyone.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Much better game from the 2nd line. Good to see the old Little back. Same goes for Ehlers.
Lemieux is really hard on the puck and good at board battles. That line looks pretty good together. So much better with Lemieux instead of Ves. And he kept his cool very nicely in a couple situations. He has so far all year. That’s what we wanted to see right?
Good solid game by almost everyone all around.

Reactions: Ducky10 and GNP

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Easy win I thought, but nonetheless it was an entertaining game.

BUT EVERYONE I KEEP SAYING HOW LAINE SHOULD REALLY BE ON THE SAME LINE AS SCHEIFELE AND WHEELER!!!

Two games so far Wheeler has set-up Laine so many good times and put it in twice off his assist. It's almost too good to pass up!

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Easy win I thought, but nonetheless it was an entertaining game.

BUT EVERYONE I KEEP SAYING HOW LAINE SHOULD REALLY BE ON THE SAME LINE AS SCHEIFELE AND WHEELER!!!

Two games so far Wheeler has set-up Laine so many good times and put it in twice off his assist. It's almost too good to pass up!

Honestly any way we can get Wheeler and Laine together would be amazing. Wheeler is bar none our best playmaker. Laine our best shooter. Every other team with a high end shooter puts their best playmaker with them.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
The PP in the 3rd was a bit of a gift. Soft call for a 1-1 game in the 3rd. But I guess after Nashville we had it coming.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Pessimist I'm, but it was very nice to check the box score this morning. :)

Patty scores again against the team of Console prohibition, Buffy comes back with attitude being rather "needy" for production, Wheeler reach a career milestone, Ehlers get points, Little get points, and all... Yay!

Patty's game opener was that usual lethal 3D-printed, animated PP one-timer from the 1st office™, every PK-squad and goalie in the league knows its coming, still being unable to do anything about it!

PoMo have had apparently 'itkupotkuraivari' (rage stroke with tears kicking in) in a Jets locker room after the last game. Good. Good.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought I saw laine turn a corner tonight. Great board battles, incredible puck possession and camped out in front of the net. But That whole line was really good tonight.

It would make me very happy for all three on that line to keep pulling it together :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad