OT: A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Guys, HOLY CRAP is Tampa a wicked hockey experience. Like I couldn't even comprehend it. I'll post my blog post on it shortly, but it is by far the best we've been to so far. Every single person (staff, fan, etc) was amazing, the rink is superb, and the stuff around it was sick. Wait to you see pics of the $75 night in a sailboat. It was unreal.

You should be very proud of the atmosphere created down there - I know it's for a leafs game so there is a ton of away fans, and my experience was more $$$ then most, but it was mind boggling how much better it was then the 8 others we've been to this year.

Cool. Glad to hear it was a good time.

And I'm very intrigued by those boats. Sounds like an interesting night away. Looking forward to the blog post.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Hey everyone, any photography buff's out there? Im heading down to see a friend in Tampa and will probably try and catch the championship game on Saturday. I'm looking for cool photography spots, not only in Tampa, but anything really within an hour or so drive as well. Thanks!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Guys, HOLY CRAP is Tampa a wicked hockey experience. Like I couldn't even comprehend it. I'll post my blog post on it shortly, but it is by far the best we've been to so far. Every single person (staff, fan, etc) was amazing, the rink is superb, and the stuff around it was sick. Wait to you see pics of the $75 night in a sailboat. It was unreal.

You should be very proud of the atmosphere created down there - I know it's for a leafs game so there is a ton of away fans, and my experience was more $$$ then most, but it was mind boggling how much better it was then the 8 others we've been to this year.
How's that blog entry coming along?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Hey everyone, any photography buff's out there? Im heading down to see a friend in Tampa and will probably try and catch the championship game on Saturday. I'm looking for cool photography spots, not only in Tampa, but anything really within an hour or so drive as well. Thanks!

Not a photographer, but there are about 1,000 places to get nice beach shots. Some of the views off the big bridges are pretty good. Guess it depends on what kind of scenery you're looking for.

BotterilltheScrivner

Jan 23, 2010
NYC
Where can I find center ice in Tampa?

Ill be in Tampa tonight to see Union in the Frozen Four and when that game is done, I really want to catch the sabres game. Does anyone know of a place with center ice there where I can catch the game?

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005

Ft. DeSoto has the old fort from the Spanish-American War and beaches. Honeymoon Island and Caladesi are more undeveloped beaches with good scenery.
Clearwater Beach will have a bunch of half-dressed spring breakers if that's something you're looking to get pictures of..:naughty:
Hillsborough River State Park will have the rapids and lots of alligators. Fort Foster is there too.

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
Ill be in Tampa tonight to see Union in the Frozen Four and when that game is done, I really want to catch the sabres game. Does anyone know of a place with center ice there where I can catch the game?

Buffalo Wild Wings usually has it. Hattricks in downtown Tampa has it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Ft. DeSoto has the old fort from the Spanish-American War and beaches. Honeymoon Island and Caladesi are more undeveloped beaches with good scenery.
Clearwater Beach will have a bunch of half-dressed spring breakers if that's something you're looking to get pictures of..:naughty:
Hillsborough River State Park will have the rapids and lots of alligators. Fort Foster is there too.

Thanks guys, just the stuff I was looking for!

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Hey Lightning Fans,

I COME IN PEACE!!

My girlfriend and I are heading down to the Tampa area next week and we just have a couple of questions.

We're renting a car and looking for good shopping locations and beaches. We've done a little bit of research and we found Clearwater beach (about a 30 minute drive from our hotel near Tampa Airport) to be a nice spot. How is the area? Is it overly crowded? How's the quality of the beach/sand? Neither of us is too picky but we like a nice spot and we're hoping for a nice experience in Clearwater.

Also, any good local places to eat that any of you would recommend?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially as a fan of the enemy. :)

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I personally hate Clearwater Beach. So many tourists and annoying people so the beach is always crowded. Plus I hate paying to park. I always go to Treasure Island. There's areas where you can park for free and the beaches aren't always as crowded in some places. There are all kinds of local places to eat and shop on Gulf Blvd, too, including John's Pass.

tbaz

Nov 20, 2011
Fort desoto park is the best hands down, also I'll second Clearwater is super busy and touristy. Shopping just google best malls or outlet malls. Johns pass is touristy but worth a see.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Coming in for vacation next week. Any suggestions on where to get Lightning merch anywhere in the general area?

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
New shop in the forum is complete, called Tampa Bay Sports. :)

Cool. 9 days until I head to Orlando and going down to Tampa the first 3 days to see the area, stadiums and catch a Rays, Mets game.

I was hoping to go in the arena to see the ice. Do you think I'll be allowed? Im not sure how far down the line they are with the screen construction.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Cool. 9 days until I head to Orlando and going down to Tampa the first 3 days to see the area, stadiums and catch a Rays, Mets game.

I was hoping to go in the arena to see the ice. Do you think I'll be allowed? Im not sure how far down the line they are with the screen construction.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'd have an ice sheet right now.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Screen is still being built, old one is gonna be in a while. No idea on the tour part, i'd lean more towards no just with everything going on (events, setup for republican national convention) but you never know.

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
Screen is still being built, old one is gonna be in a while. No idea on the tour part, i'd lean more towards no just with everything going on (events, setup for republican national convention) but you never know.

Back in the UK now :-( I popped into the forum on Thu 14th before I headed to the Rays Mets game. The lady in the shop was superb. Gave me a 10% discount and my 2 year old daughter a free badge (bolts logo). She also said she would have taken me inside but there was a concert on so everyone was busy getting it ready.

Tampa is a beautiful place. Glad I got my first jersey from the arena itself. However it is really expensive! Already planning my next trip. It'll be November time (2013) so I can catch a Bolts and Bucs game.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Back in the UK now :-( I popped into the forum on Thu 14th before I headed to the Rays Mets game. The lady in the shop was superb. Gave me a 10% discount and my 2 year old daughter a free badge (bolts logo). She also said she would have taken me inside but there was a concert on so everyone was busy getting it ready.

Tampa is a beautiful place. Glad I got my first jersey from the arena itself. However it is really expensive! Already planning my next trip. It'll be November time (2013) so I can catch a Bolts and Bucs game.

Oh yeah, I think it was Avicii. They were very protective, even employees couldn't be around or open concourse curtains and all that. Hell of a light show, though.

Hope you enjoyed it, and hopefully next time you can get a cruise through the building :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad