A time for, reflection.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
This season sucked, we finished stone dead last, don’t have a first round pick and gave away all our talent pretty much for scraps...

However let’s look at the positives;

• Chabot led the team in points
  • Tiernet has a career season
  • Tkachuk, I feel, exceeded expectations

Attachments

• 8B0C9DEB-A896-4594-A57B-1838E2CD9D2A.jpeg
    8B0C9DEB-A896-4594-A57B-1838E2CD9D2A.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

PEIslander

Apr 20, 2013
Yes, as bad as it was, there is hope that next year will be better. Many of the guys that came to the team at the trade deadline exceeded expectations. Tkachuk and White both had impressive years for young guys, plus the team has a lot of decent looking prospects in the system. Things did seem to get a little bit better after the coaching change too. Next year will probably still be bad, but I'm going to be optimistic and say that the lowest point is behind us. Things should start to get better from here.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Tkachuk, Brown, White, Wolanin, Lajoie, Chabot, Batherson, Lajoie, Abramov, Brannstrom will all have a long summer to put on muscle.

Ottawa has a lot of good young prospects competing against each other for spots next year.

Ottawa seems committed to having prospects develop in Belleville instead of rushing them in Ottawa.

According to Garrioch, Ottawa is looking at picking up some FAs to help the youth.

Next season we should have a new coach. A POHO to add distance between Melnyk and the players.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lots of positives, no doubt. White still has top line C potential in my mind.

Now, again, we come to the point where it is up to management and ownership to step up and improve the team going into next season.

I am not holding my breath. Everybody seems to be ok with tanking next year but that will be three years in a row of being a bottom feeder... I am not sure that is something you can recover from very quickly.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
As bad as it was, at least rock bottom now appears around the corner. We may not improve too much right away next year, but we cant get much worse. *knocks on wood.* Hopefully the time of getting worse is now ended. The time for starting to improve is now, very slowly mind you, beginning. The question would now appear to be whether we will hit a mirrored ceiling. That would be the women's glass ceiling for when the obstacle is a narcissist i guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad