Johan Franzén-Derek Armstrong-Maxim Afinogenov
Ruslan Fedotenko-Shawn Bates-Petr Sykora
Jeff Hamilton-Alyn McCauley-Pat Rissmiller/Dan Hinote

Joe Corvo-Niclas Havelid
Corey Sarich-Niclas Wallin
Alexander Edler-Tobias Enstrom
Bryan Berard-Shane Hnidy

Jose Theodore/Erik Ersberg

Last season Tampa missed the playoffs after being one goal away from Stanley Cup action the
season before. Can Tampa be back in the playoffs this coming spring? Tampa hasnt made alot
of changes, the only major change is Theodore and Ersberg in goal.

After trading Bobby Holik and his expensive contract this summer Tampa traded for Shawn Bates
to center its third line. When you look at Tampas top 9 it looks pretty decent, the right
wing is the strongest in the league. Also left wing looks strong, can Franzén have another
big year?

On defense Edler and Enstrom are rookies and is expekting to make an impression right away.
Both of them are capable to play the pp-unit but Corvo is a lock there or?

Sedin, Forsberg, Edler and Enstrom all used to play for MODO in the Swedish Elite League
before going to hfnhl. Only Forsberg was traded for, all other three was drafted in hfnhl
entry draft.

Look out for Tampa 08/09, something tells me that GM Sedin is not done with this team. Will
it make it to the playoffs? Only time could tell

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
A team for the playoffs?

Daniel Sedin-Peter Forsberg-Vyacheslav Kozlov
Johan Franzén-Derek Armstrong-Maxim Afinogenov
Ruslan Fedotenko-Shawn Bates-Petr Sykora
Jeff Hamilton-Alyn McCauley-Pat Rissmiller/Dan Hinote

the right wing is the strongest in the league.

the strongest in the league? I would take my quartet of Gaborik-Vanek-O'Sullivan-Peltonen in a heartbeat, and I am sure there are some better.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
the strongest in the league? I would take my quartet of Gaborik-Vanek-O'Sullivan-Peltonen in a heartbeat, and I am sure there are some better.

Same. Some combination of Malkin, Huselius, Erat, Laich, Stafford and Eaves will be on my right side.

That being said, good looking roster Martin. Definitely should have you in playoff contention provided Forsberg doesn't retire.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph

Vanek is listed as a LW only everywhere I know of... Not that it matters, since Semin or Horton can play RW.

Right now Tampas RW is very strong, however once the new rerates come out that RW will take a pretty big hit. Afinogenov and Kozlov had significantly worse seasons. Sykora on the other hand should see his ratings increase a bit. Still a nice trio of wingers, better than what Montreal has.... for now.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Something tells me Nashville might have the best right side in the league - Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Jonathan Cheechoo and Scott Walker. Jersey likely a cloes second. That's just my take.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Be warned...Tom Kostopoulos is taking down the names of everyone who's underrating Anaheim's RWs. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad