A sobering stat highlighting just how dominated the Oilers have been so far

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
This actually looks pretty damn good to me.

Are you saying Horcoff should play some minutes? that he does something worth while? That perhaps we are missing him? you dont say...

now to add generic ignorant anti-horcoff statements. wha wha

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Ok so we are praising the team for missing the net all the time? Is this what it's come to?

The stats is for the whole team! Make one player for player, then you can see that first line has been pretty good while others has been dominated big time.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
pow! Are you wizard?

homerwiggum.jpg

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen

1 line + pajaarvi has an positive fenwick, cant be many games there they been outshot and they plays against hardest opposition.

Its about scoring goals and in that department hasnt our first line getting rewarded enough compare to the puckpossesion and shots they has. Remember also that 6 ga goals for them came in 2 games, last one and 1 against the kings so in a big majority of the games, they have been pretty good not bleeding goals.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
PDO and the Oilers

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/3/11/pdo-numbers-by-nhl-team-mar-11

PDO is a fairly interesting statistic and I thought I would share this article from Cam Charron over at the nation. Have a look at the Oilers team shooting %, its pathetic, worst in the league in fact.

The Oilers to some extent are really suffering from some plain old bad luck. I think we can start to expect more goals, especially from guys like RNH, Hall and even Eberle. Also, if the oilers are a close to .500 team when the percentages are against them it only bodes well for the rest of the season.

Thoughts?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
i've always like PDO as a stat (well, since last year when i first heard about it, lol)... it seems to account for a lot of puck luck, and whenever i look at the NHL teak rankings for PDO, they always pass the "smell test"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad