Recalled/Assigned: A slew of moves

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
giphy.gif

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
GR doesn't even play until Friday... Wings have a game tomorrow and Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised if Kaski is headed back for their home opener on Friday

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I can’t imagine Biega is dropping in tomorrow night already. Bowey will be active if I had to guess.
Yeah, I agree, and I was half kidding, but Bowey's gonna have a real short leash if #7 and #8 are both right handed,

Is it an age thing or is the team rewarding Kaski and Kuffner for signing with the team? I don't think those 2 are ready, but I'd like to see what Kaski's got regardless.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Some NHL money for the kids, because Griffins aren't playing for 6 days.

Only Biega will play on next game, I predict. Maybe Svechnikov in, if AA isn't ready.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Yeah, I agree, and I was half kidding, but Bowey's gonna have a real short leash if #7 and #8 are both right handed,

Is it an age thing or is the team rewarding Kaski and Kuffner for signing with the team? I don't think those 2 are ready, but I'd like to see what Kaski's got regardless.
Kuffner already got his "reward" w/a guaranteed 9gp last season. This may be Kaski's reward/early season look.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if SY was passively shopping Green now (while he's healthy), from Green's standpoint it'd be a way to earn an extension with a new team by reestablishing himself. Pure hope/conjecture on my part, as I doubt that's actually what is happening.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Kuffner looked better this preseason than he did in his 10 game stint last year, I'm guessing he was called up because he will be first sent down to GR when AA is ready.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

My bet is Kuffner aligns with a bottom 6 slot that Nielsen would have been filling. Between LGD, Filppula, Helm, Ehn, and DLR they have enough center depth to just pull up someone who can plug and play a responsible game.

Kaski I feel like just makes sense. They sent Seider down for game experience just to learn, and I appreciate them sticking to that plan for the time being. The alternative to Kaski would be Hicketts, and I feel like there’s no value there anymore.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kuffner already got his "reward" w/a guaranteed 9gp last season. This may be Kaski's reward/early season look.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if SY was passively shopping Green now (while he's healthy), from Green's standpoint it'd be a way to earn an extension with a new team by reestablishing himself. Pure hope/conjecture on my part, as I doubt that's actually what is happening.
NTC until Feb 1st.

In any case, it makes the next 2 games even more interesting.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

No one is going to give us a 1st round pick right now for Green. But someone might at the deadline, if he's healthy he could be the top blueliner available.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Kuffner looked better this preseason than he did in his 10 game stint last year, I'm guessing he was called up because he will be first sent down to GR when AA is ready.

I hate to see the injury happen to Frans, but this has every chance to be the biggest blessing Geno will get in his professional career. I really hope he hits it out of the park; especially considering this team’s dire need of secondary scoring.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No one is going to give us a 1st round pick right now for Green. But someone might at the deadline, if he's healthy he could be the top blueliner available.
True statement, but it may be wise to get a 2nd & 4th? now, vs. taking the risk of getting nothing again, should Green be ill/injured @TDL. In a "tank" year, might as well get it while you can & let Kaski/Bowey/Cholo/Biega get their NHL gp. Play 7D in road games & against top teams at home so the kids don't get beat up too badly.

Reactions: decaguard

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

I think it must be that they are older, but also if they sit, it isn't as big of a deal then if you bring up a kid and they need to sit in the press box. Veleno and Seider were definitely better than both of those two, so that has to be the reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad