A SERIOUS DISCUSSION: Is Bill Paxton the greatest sci-fi actor ever. Of all time?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That's on my list along with Invasion of the Body Snatchers, mostly because I've seen the ending about a million times but I've never actually seen the full thing

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If any of y'all want a campy, but effective horror movie, I highly recommend "The Beast Must Die"

Peter Cushing at his finest and one of my all time favorites.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
Bill Paxton or Bill Pullman?

Just kidding. But if Paxton had Pullman's Independence Day on his resume there would be no question he was the greatest ever SF actor.

Paxton was also in Edge of Tomorrow (Live, Die, Repeat) which was actually a good movie. Also, Twister and Vertical Limit! Never forget those.

Victim Dude (Vertical limit): "Are you going to kill me now?"
Evil Bill Paxton: "Yes."
...then he kills him.

Last edited:

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
This is what Bill Paxton means to me. This movie made me a weather geek when I was 10 and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I even wanted to be a meteorologist for a couple of years, which was probably the first thing I thought I wanted to be when I grew up. Now I'm a CPA. I have no idea how I started at weatherman and arrived at accountant.

twister_510.jpg

Kurt Russell:

The Thing
Snake (Escape movies)
Jack Burton
Stargate

This is what Kurt Russell means to me. I think it's clear I'm the odd man out here.

miracle-russell-and-team.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad