A SERIOUS DEBATE: Will TD Spend The Money?

Will our new owner spend money this off season for better players?

• Total voters

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
TD talks a big game. Since his time as owner here there has not been a single player acquisition that would result in a bump in team salary. Given the gracious offer of $400K for the GM position and no takers. I am inclined to believe that we have another cheap skate, penny pinching owner. I will believe that he will spend money when I see him spend money. Talk is cheap. What say you?

Discuss!

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Heh, our practice facility is a joke and probably a major detractor for free agents coming here. If he really was about spending money, should we be breaking ground in a new practice facility?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Heh, our practice facility is a joke and probably a major detractor for free agents coming here. If he really was about spending money, should we be breaking ground in a new practice facility?

supposedly this has happened since they broke ground already on wake competition center in morrisville

that was already happening before dundon came along though

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm certainly hoping he'll backup his talk from around the time he came on and spend money where necessary. But we won't know until we know. I don't think the GM stuff automatically means he won't spend on other areas.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I don't know...I take him at his word. I just don't think we need a lot of roster turnover...so a lot of change would suggest to me that we're headed in the wrong direction again and moving further from competitive.

We need one more offensively dynamic F, a solution in net capable of being at-least a 1B, and a change on the bench; Peters is throttling our offense to the point we need to be perfect on D and in net. I do think we can get substantially more O out of Skinner, Lindholm, Staal, Hanifin, Slavin and Faulk with a change to a different system.

I do think Dundon will try to make the right moves, not the cheap moves. I'm more concerned that his personal affinity for Bill Peters will stop him from making a change behind the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->