A SERIOUS DEBATE: Best dog breed?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I had a black lab as a kid that was the definition of "man's best friend", until he got hit and killed by a snow plow.

The most "interesting" dog we ever owned was a wire hair fox terrier. Very strange dog. Was absolutely great with all people and was a fantastic family dog but it absolutely hated all other animals (including other dogs) and would attack any other animal upon sight. Even if the other dog was huge, this terrier would go after it. It was also the best hunter I have ever seen (not hunting dog, hunter). He hunted almost like a cat. We had a big, fenced in back yard and over the years, the dog killed birds, squirrels, rabbits and even a few skunks (unfortunately) and any other animal that happened to wander into the yard.

It also hated any type of small engine (lawn mower, weed wacker, snowblower, etc..) and would go crazy if one was running nearby. Not sure if the noise hurt his ears or what. Whenever we'd take out the lawnmower, he'd growl and grab the wheel and drag it around, even though we hadn't even started it.

Strange dog.

Last edited:

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
these

overly-attached-girlfriend-dog-slap.gif

DlVpGvA.gif

Girl's hot. The look on the cat's face is priceless.

Brock Ness Monster

Nov 24, 2013
Mooresville
My vote goes to Shiba for best breed, and for worst I'd say terriers. I just can't stand them.

I've always wondered about Xolo's though, seems like an interesting dog.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I hate to break it to you, but you've got a cat.

I'll go against the board here, but cats are great. I only had dogs growing up, always a dog fan, and never had a cat until I met my wife. But now that I've had a couple of cats and they are great. Low maintenance and a lot of personality.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I'll go against the board here, but cats are great. I only had dogs growing up, always a dog fan, and never had a cat until I met my wife. But now that I've had a couple of cats and they are great. Low maintenance and a lot of personality.

Totally. I won't let my wife get a dog, because it's basically a child that you don't have to educate. We have two kids, and we don't want another one. So no dog.

bluedevil58*

I like cats. But that liter box is just down right disgusting to keep in a house. If I could train a cat to use a toilet which I am told you can. Then I would buy one.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
My girlfriend's cat eats more than her 50 lb. dog. When she goes out of town, it literally takes the cat 4 days to empty an autofeeder that holds 5 pounds of food. It wreaks havoc on the litterbox, and in turn, the entire upstairs.

We need to find a house with some tucked-away place to put the litterbox. Her guest bathroom just isn't working.

bluedevil58*

Our cat is great. However, unlike dogs, it will attack you, its owner, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Cats are great, they're just so mean.

Yeah that is another thing. I have never met an animal that can turn on your as quickly as a cat can. I have lizards that don't even do that even when provoked. Can you imagine owning a large breed / medium breed cat such as a Lynx? I wonder if they have the same temperament that house hold cats have...

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Worst dog to own? Dalmatian, hands down. I took care of one for a friend when he was on his honeymoon and couldn't wait to get rid of the *** dog. Was a Tasmanian devil. My brother also had two of them and they were totally uncontrollable. He now has 2 Great Danes, and they are fantastic.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
neither of my cats have ever attacked me

they are lap cats and basically force us to pet them

the litter box does smell but at least they can take care of themselves

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
My family had Rottweilers and Standard Poodles when I was growing up. Both are great dog breeds, very intelligent. Rottweilers (and pit-bulls) are totally misunderstood, due to the large amount of degenerate owners that are attracted to them and abuse them. :shakehead

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
It took my girlfriend's cat almost a year to warm up to me (and I come over at lunch time almost every day during the week to walk the dog, plus dates and stuff, so it's not like I'm never around). Up until a couple of weeks ago, she would hiss whenever I walked within 3 feet of her, even to fill up her food bowl. Then suddenly it's like a switch was flipped and now she always wants me to pet her, at least when the dog isn't around. She's a lot more fun now.

She never attacked me, though. Even when I was throwing her out of the bed.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Worst dog to own? Dalmatian, hands down. I took care of one for a friend when he was on his honeymoon and couldn't wait to get rid of the *** dog. Was a Tasmanian devil. My brother also had two of them and they were totally uncontrollable. He now has 2 Great Danes, and they are fantastic.

Imagine having 101 of them :scared::eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3