A roof rack for your sticks!

TopShelfRoofRacks

Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone, I'd like to share a unique and very helpful product I've developed over the past year. Top shelf roof racks are a magnet roof rack system for your hockey sticks. Hopefully you find these useful and they make your trip to the rink a little easier!

topshelfroofracks.com

956435_d46a31fc6d5942aa97b7d9d7f5de06dd~mv2_d_3523_2573_s_4_2.jpg

956435_e3ad382f4cd944da8d3278222fd106ab~mv2_d_3024_3024_s_4_2.jpg

956435_68923b879a914af49c9ad8612b1053a7~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpg

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Ummm. I sure hope those straps are strong enough to hold the sticks in place during a collision, because if they come loose or break, that hockey stick becomes a spear, and a perhaps a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Not trying to be mean but I am 42 and have never once had an issue fitting my sticks in the car. The trunk yes, but not the car. Maybe big families may consider it, but I think equipment bags fitting into a car is more of an issue than sticks.

TopShelfRoofRacks

Jun 11, 2018
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. They aren't for everyone and probably not even solving the worlds biggest problem ;), but I came up with the idea from personal experience. I would have loved having these during my youth hockey days traveling all around the state, carpooling, sitting in the back seat with my head sideways next to my sticks, having to have a seat folded down, etc. I remember way back my dad had made a bazooka looking pvc thing ratchet strapped to the car for the sticks...

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. They aren't for everyone and probably not even solving the worlds biggest problem ;), but I came up with the idea from personal experience. I would have loved having these during my youth hockey days traveling all around the state, carpooling, sitting in the back seat with my head sideways next to my sticks, having to have a seat folded down, etc. I remember way back my dad had made a bazooka looking pvc thing ratchet strapped to the car for the sticks...
It's a good idea bro. Don't let people crap on it

Reactions: TopShelfRoofRacks

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Ummm. I sure hope those straps are strong enough to hold the sticks in place during a collision, because if they come loose or break, that hockey stick becomes a spear, and a perhaps a lawsuit waiting to happen.
So tired of responses like this in life....you make life miserable for everyone, everyday. Not the hockey stick

Reactions: TopShelfRoofRacks

icon6668

Jul 22, 2012
It's a cool idea, could definitely see it working for a few people.

I drive about 1hr on the motorways to get to the rink (100Kph limit) these won't catch at all with wind etc will they?

My car is a tiny little Honda CR-Z and sometimes give a ride to another person so we've got 2-4 sticks and 2 bags in the car so it's very snug around the knee area, something like this could be a good idea for those of us with small cars.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
So tired of responses like this in life....you make life miserable for everyone, everyday. Not the hockey stick

Right back at you. How's the air up there on your high horse? Was I slagging the idea, no. I pointed out a potential hazard if the straps aren't designed hold the sticks in place in the event of a collision. But hey, screw safety, right? YOLO is best when the consequences are paid by someone else.

And by the fact that TopShelfRoofRacks liked your post, well, that doesn't give me confidence that they took this into consideration.

I mean really, if you got a new product to shill, expect questions about it, not just praise.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Right back at you. How's the air up there on your high horse? Was I slagging the idea, no. I pointed out a potential hazard if the straps aren't designed hold the sticks in place in the event of a collision. But hey, screw safety, right? YOLO is best when the consequences are paid by someone else.

And by the fact that TopShelfRoofRacks liked your post, well, that doesn't give me confidence that they took this into consideration.

I mean really, if you got a new product to shill, expect questions about it, not just praise.
As much as my post was rude or whatever, yours was originally. Starting off a post going ummm I sure hope blah blah is in fact slagging.

And if we are going to be blatantly obvious....do you strap down or buckle in sticks in your car? Gonna go with no. At least that's ONE of the benefits of his product...it buckles down!

Can't believe I waste my breath

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As much as my post was rude or whatever, yours was originally. Starting off a post going ummm I sure hope blah blah is in fact slagging.

And if we are going to be blatantly obvious....do you strap down or buckle in sticks in your car? Gonna go with no. At least that's ONE of the benefits of his product...it buckles down!

Did you really just go there? Do you think an accident with sticks in the car, most likely in a tight position, would be as dangerous as sticks flying through the air, potentially going through another vehicles window? I can't believe you wasted your breathe (finger tips tying) on that either.

Reactions: puckpilot

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Did you really just go there? Do you think an accident with sticks in the car, most likely in a tight position, would be as dangerous as sticks flying through the air, potentially going through another vehicles window? I can't believe you wasted your breathe (finger tips tying) on that either.
So you're seriously gonna suggest the 2, maybe 5 passengers in the front don't matter?

Lol

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016

I put my sticks next to the passenger seat, sandwiched between the side of the car and the seat. It takes up none of the useful space, allowing me to carry a full passenger compliment. If there's a sudden jolt in any direction, it may move, but there's always something in the way preventing it from shifting more than a few inches, making it next impossible to hit anyone inside or out.

As for the buckles, that's my question. How do they hold up when in a collision? Are they specially engineered in any way? Heck, how do the magnets holding this in place hold up under these same forces?

It may very well be everything is more than enough to handle it, but it's a concern.

As for wasting your breath, you seem to be going at this pretty hard, like a cat in heat hard. It makes me wonder what's your stake in this?

Regardless, I'm sure your activity in this thread will do wonders for the image of this product, especially if someone happens to google up this thread while looking for information about said product. But by all means continue.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So you're seriously gonna suggest the 2, maybe 5 passengers in the front don't matter?

Lol
Nobody is suggesting the passengers don't matter. Maybe you should read better before you go "LOL" and continue to make yourself look bad.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I put my sticks next to the passenger seat, sandwiched between the side of the car and the seat. It takes up none of the useful space, allowing me to carry a full passenger compliment. If there's a sudden jolt in any direction, it may move, but there's always something in the way preventing it from shifting more than a few inches, making it next impossible to hit anyone inside or out.

Yup, that's how it's done, even though that wasn't the actual point.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Props to the OP for taking the necessary steps to get his idea to market

I think the concern about the sticks acting as a projectile in the event of an accident is legitimate

I also wonder if weathering will impact the integrity of the stick

Will exposure to -30 temperatures for an extended period of time weaken the stick's material? And on the flip side, what effect will extended exposure to the hot sun have on the stick?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wish you luck, but in my experience, most hockey people have vehicles with no need for something like this.(SUVs, vans, trucks, hatchbacks) I fear your target consumer base is very small.

Reactions: Puckclektr

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
I've been looking for an aerodynamic box that connects to the roof of my car to place my skates. Has anyone come across that type of product? From there, I'm thinking a flat metal sheet on wheels that attaches to the bumper could come in handy for other equipment, and maybe even covering that with a box for bad weather is even better. Large fabric containers with zippers and wheels are just around the technological corner.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's a pretty great idea for parents that ride younger kids to games with sticks over their lap in the backseat, which is also not safe in the event of an accident. If there are multiple kids? Even more uncomfortable. Throw a carseat in the mix? Forget it.

Well done!

brazild

Oct 24, 2022
Hi everyone, I'd like to share a unique and very helpful product I've developed over the past year. Top shelf roof racks are a magnet roof rack system for your hockey sticks. Hopefully you find these useful and they make your trip to the rink a little easier!

topshelfroofracks.com

956435_d46a31fc6d5942aa97b7d9d7f5de06dd~mv2_d_3523_2573_s_4_2.jpg

956435_e3ad382f4cd944da8d3278222fd106ab~mv2_d_3024_3024_s_4_2.jpg

956435_68923b879a914af49c9ad8612b1053a7~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpg
Hello,
This seems like a great solution for my situation. Can this product be ordered still online? I tried the web link. It it does not work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad