A question on Shane O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
So, Avalanche goalie Giguere make a fuss that his team is more interested in their post season trip to Vegas than they are in playing games, and just by chance, Shane O'Brien is part of the team.

Any coincidence?

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Based on ability, I'd take him over Alberts. Problem is, SOB thinks he's better than he actually is (neither is he worth the cap hit of his contract).

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
SOB enjoys a good time, as do I, but for a few million per season I am sure I could concentrate on the job at hand for 6 months.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
People who would take him dont give a **** about team dynamics.

It wasnt like he got dumped because he went out a few times. He went out and didnt take care of himself and was out of shape.

Guys an idiot and I was all to happy to see him out of town.

Imagine giving that guy a long leash and then saying to Kassian "hey buddy you went out while you were injured, down you go."

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
People who would take him dont give a **** about team dynamics.

It wasnt like he got dumped because he went out a few times. He went out and didnt take care of himself and was out of shape.

Guys an idiot and I was all to happy to see him out of town.

Imagine giving that guy a long leash and then saying to Kassian "hey buddy you went out while you were injured, down you go."

this. met him a bunch. giant ******.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
this. met him a bunch. giant ******.

Dont care if hes a ******.

What I do care about and what MG and AV (despite the hate he gets) care about are players who are here to do their job.

They've. been. uber. consistent. about. that.

Shane Obrien is not an upgrade on Alberts from a team perspective. Doubtful even from a player perspective.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I've met both O'Brien and Alberts, Alberts, for all the hate he gets is a very nice guy who loves to play here and play his best. O'Brien was just someone who let fame get to him.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I admit I was a fan of SOB when he was here, I even wanted to try him at wing on the 4th line. But now he is a consistent healthy scratch on the team with the worst record in the league. That speaks volumes.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Based on ability, I'd take him over Alberts. Problem is, SOB thinks he's better than he actually is (neither is he worth the cap hit of his contract).

This. SOB actually has a good skillset and - when his head isn't firmly lodged in his own backside - is a good player. The problem is, his head has been stuck in his aforementioned backside for the majority of his professional career.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yup, a depth d-man should never be more than a low mantinence personality and player. Give me Alberts over SOB as a 6-7 D-man.

I'd take SOB over Barker though lol.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
IMO, in terms of hockey ability:

SOB>Rome>Alberts>Barker

Too bad SOB was immature.

Rome really was a solid #6. Physical, decent enough at both ends of the ice, and was a great teammate. I'd really love for us to reacquire him.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
SOB is an absolute bro, the guys in the room love him and so do I. So much so my buddies and I named our beer league team after him: Shane O'Beautys Hockey Club.

That being said I think he has matured since his time here.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
IMO, in terms of hockey ability:

SOB>Rome>Alberts>Barker

Too bad SOB was immature.

Rome really was a solid #6. Physical, decent enough at both ends of the ice, and was a great teammate. I'd really love for us to reacquire him.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Pretty sure he goes out there with Biz, etc after the season, doesn't he?

Anyway, dude is dumb as ****, and a terrible player. Which is a shame because he could be at least passable if he weren't such an idiot.

TheDiver*

SOB is an absolute bro, the guys in the room love him and so do I. So much so my buddies and I named our beer league team after him: Shane O'Beautys Hockey Club.

Ewwwww I got major ****** chills just reading that...

"Bro's" suck.

I bet there's tonnes of "bros" and "dudes" thrown around in that group with high 5's.

Yuckeroo.

As for SOB...I am glad MG is no longer a chubby chaser...Wellwood, O'Brien...

Treefingers

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 21, 2006
Vancouver

What gives you that impression?

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
They're bros!

haha! alot of "bro-hate" on here for a hockey forum.

But actually, I think when he got more defensive responsibility in Nashville it was likely a reflection of him buckling down a bit off the ice. No real evidence to back up the claim, just seems like a logical progression to me.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
reminder that genius tactician joe sacco used SOB on the first unit PP and had him on the ice trailing in the last minute of the game the last time the Canucks played the Avs :handclap::help:

TheDiver*

Bro's suck even worse than guys that say yuckeroo.

:sarcasm:

Well played :handclap:

SOB was a good team guy though. Fought for his teammates. But he got fat over a 14 day Olympic break and was punished by the team.

His teammates must've resented him for his lack of commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->