A positivity thread (No Melnyk Talk Please)

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I've been posting here for 10 years and I've never seen things this nasty before.

I thought we could use a place for some positive vibes and some things to look forward to as sens fans. Give me what you got. Please keep the anti-melnyk stuff to the many other threads (mods, lil help enforcing that would be appreciated :)).

Reactions: IWantMyParade

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I will live here, thanks!

I'm excited to see what this off season will bring. Any way you slice it, it will be busy, eventful, and will likely change the way the team looks going forward.

We have an excellent shot at a top draft pick, and some of our top picks are looking legit.

This will be the funnest offseason we've had in a while!

Reactions: IWantMyParade

CommonSens

May 14, 2017
Ok...Is Guy Boucher the coach that could take the talent (Karlsson) we have and build a system that suits? I've always wondered if a defensive structured coach is able to deploy him as needed. Lets be honest here, creativity and offensive are what makes EK who he is. That's running contrary to most of what Boucher had been showing us. Can we realistically tie up 12 mil in one player that's not able to control the play due to coaching?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Ok...Is Guy Boucher the coach that could take the talent (Karlsson) we have and build a system that suits? I've always wondered if a defensive structured coach is able to deploy him as needed. Lets be honest here, creativity and offensive are what makes EK who he is. That's running contrary to most of what Boucher had been showing us. Can we realistically tie up 12 mil in one player that's not able to control the play due to coaching?

I'd say Karlsson flourished last season when he was healthy and had a legit shutdown partner with him that could effectively play under the system. His CF% is higher than it was last season but his PDO is much worse (same as 10-11). Controlling the play hasn't been an issue this season but being effective with the puck hasn't always been there (ie his struggles with getting the puck on goal months ago).

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Yay!

Can we talk tank, or is that too negative?

In any case, I believe strongly that next year won’t be a tire fire. Either 65 is still here and PD is able to find a decent partner for him - making this group a bubble team as the youth grows.

Or the pieces PD gets back in a 65 trade will be good enough to make this into a bubble team as the youth grows.

That’s why I think it would be insane to move any top 10 pick this year - unless the talent and potential of 10 this year is equal to the talent and potential of 15 next.

Staying positive!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
My best case scenario. Im hoping for a homerun with both gustavsson and the pens pick. That, plus logan brown tearing it up next year would make us a decent playoff team in two years.

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
Find it kinda funny that all the doom and gloomers are so strong in their belief that they and only they can predict the future...

Guess what?? Yup, the positive crowd have their own predictions...

Personally, I'd rather go with the optimistic approach, lot less stress inducing!!

Reactions: pzeeman

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I’m happy to have an NHL team.
I love my Sens!!

Well if that's the bar then things look great.:laugh:

Something's that consistently been a positive for this franchise for the past 10 years or so has been the scouting staff, just need more of them now. Last time this team did a retool in 2011 with 10 picks, only 2 of them did not play a game in the NHL. Pretty impressive feat for that group.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I vaguely remember mendez doing a piece in november asking if we should be considered an elite team like the pens. Looks hilarious now, but it shows that we were showing glimpses of a really good team for at least a couple weeks this season.

CommonSens

May 14, 2017
I vaguely remember mendez doing a piece in november asking if we should be considered an elite team like the pens. Looks hilarious now, but it shows that we were showing glimpses of a really good team for at least a couple weeks this season.
Yes there were glimpses of a decent team. Unfortunately they got obscured from the tire fire!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Dude....Prospects Thread. Pretty much all of our recent draft picks are breaking out in a good way. No idea what the kids' true ceiling will be, but a lot of them project nicely to become NHLers.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Well if that's the bar then things look great.:laugh:

Something's that consistently been a positive for this franchise for the past 10 years or so has been the scouting staff, just need more of them now. Last time this team did a retool in 2011 with 10 picks, only 2 of them did not play a game in the NHL. Pretty impressive feat for that group.
I truly stuck to a strict happy thought. :)

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I am excited to move on from this dismal, depressing season. Resigned again for our 20th year as a STH and hoping to put this behind us.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad