TV: A.P. BIO (NBC Comedy Starring Glenn Howerton)

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I'll check it out. Dennis is by far my favorite It's Always Sunny character. His comedic timing is awesome and judging by the trailer, he's carried it over

Reactions: Neutrinos

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's off until the end of February so I'm not sure why they did a one episode tease last week.

I've watched the first 3 episodes, so they're available somewhere online

I think NBC is releasing episodes early on their website before they air on TV

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I've watched a couple of episodes but I'm trying to not burn through it as I have very few shows I'm watching. It's definitely a winner though. Great cast.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm just catching up on this show. It's great.

Like Dennis from Always Sunny became a teacher.

Reactions: NyQuil

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Season 2 hasn't been great, but I thought the Melvin episode was fantastic! Had me chuckling aloud quite a few times

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Season 2 hasn't been great, but I thought the Melvin episode was fantastic! Had me chuckling aloud quite a few times
Its certainty been inconsistent but with the introduction of Lynnette things could get interesting. Jack has been missing someone who is his equivalent.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Even though the show was canceled by NBC after Season 2 it will now get a 3rd season on the new NBCUniversal streaming service.

from variety.com:

“A.P Bio” has made the grade after all, with NBCUniversal reviving the comedy for its unnamed, still-unlaunched streaming service.

The NBC series, which ran for two seasons before getting canceled, performed well online, according to the network, with ratings showing a long tail on streaming platforms as new viewers came to the show late. Nearly half of the show’s Live+35+digital 18-49 rating came from non-linear sources, the second biggest behind “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” another show saved from the dead.

“I’m so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the fans,” said executive producer Mike O’Brien in a statement. “The cast and I are thrilled that we get to make more and I’m excited to work with the NBCU streaming platform.”

He tweeted to fans Wednesday morning: “This happened because of all you guys! We’re extremely thankful!”

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is a good show, just binged it all over the last couple of weeks.

Yes, Glen Howerton is essentially playing Dennis Reynolds in a high school, but the format works and it gets to Community-levels of quality comedy by the second season as the supporting characters come into their own.

Lynnette is a great foil!

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Anybody make it through Season Four?

Ep. 1 of S4 was basically an unwatchable mess, and while the final season had its moments reminiscent of peak A.P. Bio, overall the season felt unbalanced, and seemed a bit off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad