Post-Game Talk (GBU): A New Low

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, I'm of this opinion. On the one hand, Housley truly is a bad coach and we need a vocal, veteran presence in the locker room who isn't scared of Eichel. On the other hand, Eichel will now have literally gotten two coaches fired after this season. Idk how I feel about that.

It's redundant and antiquated, I'm sure, but what about getting a guy like Ruff back into the fold. Idk if his system fits, but he was not going to back down from a locker room at the same time.

How would Eichel be getting Housley fired? Eichel's played his heart out up until tonight, Housley's just been trash at getting anything out of the rest of the team.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Dear Sabres: at least pretend like you care.

I feel badly for all Sabres fans, but especially the STH's.

I wonder what's going through Montour's mind right now? What, in the actual ****, did I get into?

Screw Montour; he's as gutless as the rest of this team. Backed down nicely from a few challenges in this one. He's a Botterill finesse/d-zone liability special!

F-him.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
****ing Housley.

I can't even listen to this tool anymore

His PC was telling IMO; he is lost. He is totally in over his head and needs to be replaced. I don't think Botterill or Pegula realize this. Things will get worse before they get better.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Answer the question honestly Phil....speak your mind....stop dancing.

He was asked if this was an embarrassment. Phil started dancing around and started talking about some questionable calls from the referees, and then commented that our execution was poor. He doesn't have a f-ing clue.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Just by watching the Press Conference Housley looks defeated and out of answers

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Besides the Reinhart break out of the penalty box, did the Sabres have a meaningful shot on net all game? The Avs could've played most of that game with no goalie and still win.

Even if they're not going to fight, you would expect a late high hit on the captain to fire up the team rather than put them in a shell.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yeah, I'm of this opinion. On the one hand, Housley truly is a bad coach and we need a vocal, veteran presence in the locker room who isn't scared of Eichel. On the other hand, Eichel will now have literally gotten two coaches fired after this season. Idk how I feel about that.

It's redundant and antiquated, I'm sure, but what about getting a guy like Ruff back into the fold. Idk if his system fits, but he was not going to back down from a locker room at the same time.

And when he gets a coaches fired for reasons that really aren’t that harmful, then I’d say Jack’s influence is overboard.

Bylsma’s refusal to engage with his players, to teach them, to interact with them on a more personal level, is what got him fired, and that was after multiple players had the same feeling, and Murray still didn’t want to fire him. It took the owner to get mad at the GM to get him fired. For a coach wanting to have limited involvement with the players that are so young, I’d say that’s a core issue that should be met with a firing, and he works for an owner that Publicly wants interaction throughout his companies. Hell, he wants the Bills and Sabres to be involved and they are in different sports, id say someone not willing to do the same for the team he coaches would not work there long. As they say about the players, if you don’t want to be here, then we don’t want you.

With Housley, it’s an x’s and o’s thing. His player deployment is literally holding back and sort of success. The system, though better than the previous coach, is still poorly utilized on the players of the team. His inability to adjust and adapt to his roster and In-game adjustments(or lack thereof) are core issues that should be addressed with sooner rather than later. If he gets fired, it will be because of that. I’m willing to bet that Jack isn’t the only what that feels that way, it’s just that Jack is the easiest on the team to read his body language and he’s our top player, for now, so we just think HE’s the main reason. His end of the season interview surely will be something Jason thinks about, but I doubt the man that is about patience, and IMO, isn’t worried about games right now, is going to fire him because of Jack wanting him gone.

Reactions: Dingo44

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Housley isn’t going anywhere, JB already confirmed this. I’d be shocked if Housley doesn’t start the year behind the bench.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Did you see the response to the hit? I would call Scandella tackling Zadorov from behind and Reinhart jumping on him swinging as "willing to lay it down for a teammate". Maybe we have different definitions of "visible evidence"

Do a lot of posters here expect a full Hanson brothers response?
I don’t think we saw the same game and based on what I’ve seen here, more people saw mine...

Last edited:

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I don't understand why we have so many neanderthal fans that think we need to injure Zadorov to get even for that hit. It was an extremely late whistle, and Zadorov pulled up a little bit. Scandella tackling him from behind and Reinhart jumping on top and throwing punches is a sufficient response. This was nothing like the Lucic on Miller hit.
The hit got them off their game. Not that they had much game to begin with. They tried to take runs at Av players the entire game and missed. I don’t need goons either but if they are going to play like one then please be good at it. Rob Ray was like come on just fight already at one point which if they were so bent about it then that was probably the appropriate response.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
With the Benn hit, Eichel jumped right back up and play continued. In that moment I don't see the purpose of going ape on anyone. With Zadorov, Eichel had his helmet come off, indicating head contact, and play stopped, and then two guys jumped him. I don't see any problem with that response in the moment, as Eichel was clearly not hurt or buzzed or whatever.

The problem is that this team can't play good hockey. You can respond by lighting up a team for 3 or 4 goals and winning, just like gooning up and forgetting about the score. The Sabres don't have a roster for gooning up, so why @#$%^ about them for not being that team. I'd rather they do what they can, and play hockey to win, but they're in a mental tail spin now for the last two weeks since they realize the playoffs are out of reach.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I don’t get the hate on Eichel. He didn’t play that bad. He can’t carry corpses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad