Post-Game Talk (GBU): A New Low

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
G: OHL Playoffs. See who is ready for the bigtime.

B: That was one ugly hit on your captain, and one soft response.

The response reminded me of Lucic running over Miller. This franchise hasn't been the same since that happened.
Did I watch the same game? Seemed like all of the Sabres mixed it up after that hit except Nelson. Completely different than the Lucic play.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
didn't watch, and don't care that I missed it.
But it sounds like we had version 2.o of Miller/Lucic? Our captain got crunched, and no one beat Zadorov to a bloody pulp afterwards?

Bunch of cowards. Well paid *****es.

Well, I was able to read his lips and he definitely told Scandella that he was sorry........ :sarcasm:

I don't like the Ducks. Or the Bruins. Or a half dozen other goon it up teams. But if that had happened to their star player, they would have pounded the other team physically the rest of the game and situations would have gone way more critical than a simple scrum.

2 stinking minutes for roughing. What a joke.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Did I watch the same game? Seemed like all of the Sabres mixed it up after that hit except Nelson. Completely different than the Lucic play.

Gotta disagree. You do understand the tactic of intimidation right? It's not how you respond in the next minute. It's how you respond for the rest of the game. You come back just as nasty on MacKinnon or Rantanen and make the other team pay. Heck, Compher was not hesitant at all to throttle and mug Dahlin later in the game. In fact, the Avs - a team that is well known to not enjoy playing physically - got their asses handed to them by Dallas 2 nights ago - were not scared of the Sabres in anyway shape or manner.

They might as well have been smirking and laughing directly in their faces.

I was not satisfied in any manner with the Sabres response and how they played the game the rest of the way. It was similar to Lucic/Miller in the potential ruin that it could bring to this team.

I'm sure Jack feels like his teammates got his back after that one!

Hmmm.... Zadorov, Compher.... both former Sabre properties.......

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Well, I was able to read his lips and he definitely told Scandella that he was sorry........ :sarcasm:

I don't like the Ducks. Or the Bruins. Or a half dozen other goon it up teams. But if that had happened to their star player, they would have pounded the other team physically the rest of the game and situations would have gone way more critical than a simple scrum.

2 stinking minutes for roughing. What a joke.
Yet this board will on ad nauseum aboutnthe merits of Erod and Sheary or debate whether we should resign pommers. Meanwhile, many myself included, have shit on Kyle who blocked a shot that hurt today and then blocked another one on the same shift. We are soft but it is the marginal players most at fault. Botts got rid of our spine in more ways than one.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yet this board will on ad nauseum aboutnthe merits of Erod and Sheary or debate whether we should resign pommers. Meanwhile, many myself included, have **** on Kyle who blocked a shot that hurt today and then blocked another one on the same shift. We are soft but it is the marginal players most at fault. Botts got rid of our spine in more ways than one.

If Botts doesn’t address the toughness on this team, that alone should be grounds for a firing.

He traded off Foligno, Deslauirers, and the only response to that was bring Nolan on which he let go at the end of last season and then he lost Gorges and did nothing to fill any of that toughness up. His team continues to get softer and softer each offseason, and we have a coach that is soft, are we really that shocked at this type of game?

Reactions: Ralonzo

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
If Botts doesn’t address the toughness on this team, that alone should be grounds for a firing.

He traded off Foligno, Deslauirers, and the only response to that was bring Nolan on which he let go at the end of last season and then he lost Gorges and did nothing to fill any of that toughness up. His team continues to get softer and softer each offseason, and we have a coach that is soft, are we really that shocked at this type of game?
He could start by not ignoring the CHL. You know, kids whose only reason for being is chasing a cup and who will do whatever it takes to bet that shot.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
With the Zadorov cheap shot, you knew they wouldn’t adequately respond to it. They don’t know how to play chippy. They were so bad at it that it took them out of the game. It was a sad reminder that this team has no redeeming quality about them right now.

Reactions: Ralonzo

buffalojedwardo

Jan 3, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
didn't watch the game not surprised of the outcome with lines like this...

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart
Sheary - Rodrigues - Okposo
Mittelstadt - Larsson - Pominville
Wilson - Sobotka - Girgensons

as much good the streak did, it also raised our expectations too high for this year. 3 or more of those forwards will likely be gone next year. Think about how far our D has come in a year. Not that it is a finished product by any means. But swapping Josh Gorges/Justin Faulk for the likes of Montour and Dahlin is huge. I think we will see the same type of improvements on our forward group w/ a good draft, couple FA's and prospects making the jump.

Im with all of you being sick of the sabres/bills perpetual letdown...but this is coming to and end. Face it were a smaller market and its tougher to get there, I think we can all agree that management is doing some things right. (I do hate the ROR trade, especially after playing COL and seeing some familiar faces) But hind site is 20/20 and we truly don't know how bad the locker room was.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I know in a game like this everyone gets fingers pointed at them and they get frustrated and say they want changes everywhere. And we absolutely need a coaching change there is no excuses the entire coaching staff needs to go. All 5 of them need to go. It’s time to clean house , Terry Pegula said everyone will be help accountable and that means Housley needs to go.

If Housley comes back that means Terry and Black widow are accepting mediocrity and this garbage and you too Botterill if Housley is back I will stop defending him and everything I have said in the forms lately I will own up too and say I was wrong . So I will support Botterill until this offseason but if Housley is brought back then all my loyalty will be gone

Reactions: Rasmi

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Screenshot_2019-03-09-22-26-27.png

Reactions: Rasmi

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
I don't understand why we have so many neanderthal fans that think we need to injure Zadorov to get even for that hit. It was an extremely late whistle, and Zadorov pulled up a little bit. Scandella tackling him from behind and Reinhart jumping on top and throwing punches is a sufficient response. This was nothing like the Lucic on Miller hit.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
I don't understand why we have so many neanderthal fans that think we need to injure Zadorov to get even for that hit. It was an extremely late whistle, and Zadorov pulled up a little bit. Scandella tackling him from behind and Reinhart jumping on top and throwing punches is a sufficient response. This was nothing like the Lucic on Miller hit.

I think the piece you are missing is this moment of the season, people are looking for some visible evidence that the team is willing to lay it down for a teammate. We didn't see that in this instance and or any other that I can remember this season.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
I think the piece you are missing is this moment of the season, people are looking for some visible evidence that the team is willing to lay it down for a teammate. We didn't see that in this instance and or any other that I can remember this season.

Did you see the response to the hit? I would call Scandella tackling Zadorov from behind and Reinhart jumping on him swinging as "willing to lay it down for a teammate". Maybe we have different definitions of "visible evidence"

Do a lot of posters here expect a full Hanson brothers response?

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
If Housley gets fired...ya, I'll be happy.

But deep down, part of me says "Jack can literally give up, and get coaches fired. That's two now"

He can't just show up when its prime time vs the Leafs. He has to show up all 82 games, or he'll never get this team to the playoffs, and then go on to Kessel his way to a cup somewhere else.
Yeah, I'm of this opinion. On the one hand, Housley truly is a bad coach and we need a vocal, veteran presence in the locker room who isn't scared of Eichel. On the other hand, Eichel will now have literally gotten two coaches fired after this season. Idk how I feel about that.

It's redundant and antiquated, I'm sure, but what about getting a guy like Ruff back into the fold. Idk if his system fits, but he was not going to back down from a locker room at the same time.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Gotta disagree. You do understand the tactic of intimidation right? It's not how you respond in the next minute. It's how you respond for the rest of the game. You come back just as nasty on MacKinnon or Rantanen and make the other team pay. Heck, Compher was not hesitant at all to throttle and mug Dahlin later in the game. In fact, the Avs - a team that is well known to not enjoy playing physically - got their asses handed to them by Dallas 2 nights ago - were not scared of the Sabres in anyway shape or manner.

They might as well have been smirking and laughing directly in their faces.

I was not satisfied in any manner with the Sabres response and how they played the game the rest of the way. It was similar to Lucic/Miller in the potential ruin that it could bring to this team.

I'm sure Jack feels like his teammates got his back after that one!

Hmmm.... Zadorov, Compher.... both former Sabre properties.......
Everyone on the ice responded except for Nelson. Are you disagreeing with that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->