A Michael Raffl Hat Trick

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
Someone should go back and list all the posters complaining about a low cost, 2 year deal for a dependable 4th line veteran.
I'm too lazy to do so, but I couldn't believe people were actually upset when Fletcher extended him.
The list is too long and/or life is too short.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Someone should go back and list all the posters complaining about a low cost, 2 year deal for a dependable 4th line veteran.
I'm too lazy to do so, but I couldn't believe people were actually upset when Fletcher extended him.

If you change your mind and go back to collect names, I can save you some time - I am on that list.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We probably should have been running a constant Raffl appreciation thread for years. Dude is an evolved version of Powe, who I also absolutely loved as a player.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yeah securing arguably the most effective 4th liner in the game at a reasonable price was OK by me. I lust for a return to something like that buzzsaw 2009-10 4th line, and having Raffl helps that happen.

My only issue with Raffl is when he occasionally tries to reach beyond his skillset.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
He is the prototypical good soldier and worth every penny.
At some point every season injuries catch up on him though and when he keeps playing hurt his game drops significantly. Gotta avoid that.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have never understood people that took issue with Raffl. He is exactly what I want in a 4th liner.

Though his shot blocking technique is atrocious.
I can’t speak for everyone but my problem with him was when the coaching staff would force him into the first or second line. He has no business being in the top 6. Bottom 6 and he’s golden.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can’t speak for everyone but my problem with him was when the coaching staff would force him into the first or second line. He has no business being in the top 6. Bottom 6 and he’s golden.

I definitely do not miss the old Raffl - Giroux - Voracek trio.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad