A.Markov vs K.Timonen

A.Markov vs K.Timonen

• Total voters

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Two great defensemen who I feel like were really underappreciated during their careers in NHL especially Markov. Who do you think had a better peak, prime and overall career?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Markov for peak but Timonen for career. He was also much healthier which helped.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I was nervous voting for Timonen. I expected the results to appear with like %90 for Markov.

Timo was one of the most underrated players I can remember. Glad he's not getting missed again.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Markov was better at his best but it was a short peak and Timonen's health makes career an argument. I would probably still go with Markov though

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There's just absolutely no reasons to vote for Kimmo here, he was great and had a long career, but he was never the defenseman that Markov was.

Markov played 110 games less than Timmonen and he still has one more point.

Also, what is all this talk about "longer" career on Timmonen ? Markov is still playing in the KHL at elite levels, he'd still be in the league if it wasn't for dumb Bergevin signing Alzner instead of him.

I was nervous voting for Timonen. I expected the results to appear with like %90 for Markov.

Timo was one of the most underrated players I can remember. Glad he's not getting missed again.

Funny enough, he's head to head with Mr. Underrated here.

decadentia

Jun 21, 2007
New Brunswick
There's just absolutely no reasons to vote for Kimmo here, he was great and had a long career, but he was never the defenseman that Markov was.

Also, what is all this talk about "longer" career on Timmonen ? Markov is still playing in the KHL at elite levels, he'd still be in the league if it wasn't for dumb Bergevin signing Alzner instead of him.

It's almost as if there's more than point totals as a defenseman that could determine his worth.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

Your opinion isn’t fact

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Markov was a real treat to watch, if only he didn't have the knee injuries, heck of a passer.

Markov - 572 pts 990 games (.58 ppg playing for some really crap Hab teams)

Kimo - 571 pts 1108 games (.52 ppg)

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Your isn't either, what is factual is that Markov greatly outproduced Timonen over their career and was an actual 1D from 2003 to 2015.

I never even shared my opinion

I honestly expected Markov to be winning

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Markov was a real treat to watch, if only he didn't have the knee injuries, heck of a passer.

Markov - 572 pts 990 games (.58 ppg playing for some really crap Hab teams)

Kimo - 571 pts 1108 games (.52 ppg)

Only problem I have is you gloss over how Timmonen started his career with the Preds who joined the league with a crap expansion roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad