a look at the ufa goaltenders

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
On the 31 Thoughts Podcast, Friedman said he believes we are in on Markstrom. He also thinks we might take a shot at Andy Greene.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Greene would be something Holland would do as hes a local boy, growing up in Trenton. But I could see it. Trade him at deadline to a team for D Depth and get picks back.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
"Jacob Markstrom: For his first six NFL seasons, Markstrom was a solid backup, with a 2.91 GAA and zero shutouts in 109 games with the Panthers and Canucks."

I had no idea Markstrom accumulated goaltending statistics while playing football. That's impressive!
Jake knows football, but does he know Diddley?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
There was a thing on the Trades/FA board that said Markstrom has Edmonton and Detroit on a No-Sign list as he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild. So we can scratch him off our list.

Reactions: Ricelund

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
For me it's Holtby, Lehner, or Crawford. Don't want anything to do with Greiss, Talbot, or Lundquist. Greiss, because his agent is a nightmare (Alan Walsh) and Talbot is just a younger Howard and Lundquist is done.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Lehner......

Lundqvist, Talbot, Griess, Khudobin.

Crawford is lucky to be back in the game & is 1 hit away from LTIR for good, no thanks.

Re: Markstrom & his snub of DET...This could be a blessing in disguise long-term as Markstrom has only had 2 seasons above .915 SV%, only 1 of which was as a starter....in TEN Seasons! If he wants $6M+ & 5-7 yrs, I'm glad we're not gonna be the ones giving it to him as 20-21 starts, he'll be 31 yrs old.

Last edited:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I'd take Greiss to tandem with Bernier if he'd take that hopeless job. Just because he's German and maybe his presence would be beneficial to Seider in addition to being a decent enough stop gap. Then maybe we can move him or Bernier at the deadline to be a backup for a playoff team.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Give Lundquist a 1 year deal. He'd be a great character guy for the club. Cheap and easy and great for our rebuild.

Then draft Askorov next week and be set on franchise goaltending for the next 15 to 18 years.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I was just thinking about this and who would be the wings goaltender

From what i can tell , detroit,ottawa,calgary,chicago, edmonton,colorado and likely minnesota if dubnyk is dealt to sj (doubt they take jones back ) will 100% be looking at goalies

Theres other teams but theyll have to move one out to make a change in net . Boston,toronto,carolina,arizona if they deal kuemper, dallas if they cant bring back khudobin

The way i see it lundvist,markstrom,khudobin wont come here, i can see greiss,crawford being left in the wind and possibly holtby as im not sold on him but im sure someone takes him

On the trade front fleury,anderson,rask,wont waive to come here either if they needed to be moved for a trade

The goalies i see being in the mix to be a redwing next season are crawford/greiss via free agency & craig andersson/talbot if we get desperate

Koskinen(if he agrees to waive his contract),quick (if hes dealt to free cap space) , demko (if we take eriksson) reimer (if hes dealt to create cap space) francouz ( to create room for a started they acquire)

Sorry for all that but basically our likely goalie to share the net with bernier next season will be between

Greiss - crawford - andersson - talbot

Koskinen - demko(if were lucky) - reimer - quick - francouz

Yup we’re in for a long season again

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles

10. Yet in spite of his struggles last season (3.16 GAA, .905 SV%), I’d expect him to land somewhere as a backup or a 1A. Lundqvist posted a strong high-danger save percentage (10th among 61 goalies that played at least 600 minutes, according to Natural Stat Trick) in spite of a defense that was among the worst in allowing both shots and high-danger scoring chances. His numbers could look more respectable next season with a different team, albeit in a reduced role than what we’re used to with King Henrik. (oct3)

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles

10. Yet in spite of his struggles last season (3.16 GAA, .905 SV%), I’d expect him to land somewhere as a backup or a 1A. Lundqvist posted a strong high-danger save percentage (10th among 61 goalies that played at least 600 minutes, according to Natural Stat Trick) in spite of a defense that was among the worst in allowing both shots and high-danger scoring chances. His numbers could look more respectable next season with a different team, albeit in a reduced role than what we’re used to with King Henrik. (oct3)

I wouldn't be against bringing Lundqvist in. I doubt he has much interest in coming to Detroit, but you never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->