A look at every Doug MacLean transaction from the beginning

Bwick

May 13, 2014
Ohio USA
When I look at this thread why do I get the feeling he set this franchise so far back that we are still digging ourselves out?

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
When I look at this thread why do I get the feeling he set this franchise so far back that we are still digging ourselves out?

in some aspects, we still are. Certainly not with the on-ice product, but I still think there is some minds that need changed among the talking heads and in certain nhl cities. Playoffs next season, especially a higher seed, will give that 7 years of bumbling another nail in the coffin.

PubOFH

Nov 17, 2005
Johnstown, OH

THIS!!!

You can not have draft after draft with first and second round busts and build a winner. You just cant. The Jackets are just like the Browns....built by morons for years....and trying to get back on track finally. The KEY to sustained success is made through the draft in sports like Hockey. McShame was terrible. Just plain awful.

Oh...and he didnt get the Caps job...so that sucks for us.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Well said PubOFH

THIS!!!

You can not have draft after draft with first and second round busts and build a winner. You just cant. The Jackets are just like the Browns....built by morons for years....and trying to get back on track finally. The KEY to sustained success is made through the draft in sports like Hockey. McShame was terrible. Just plain awful.

Oh...and he didnt get the Caps job...so that sucks for us.

I doubt he works in Hockey for any organization again. He had his once in a life time with owners that were trying to do something good for their city, & state, while at the same time learning the game of hockey. They got into hockey because the Chill did well here, and frankly there was a new franchise being added to the NHL. MacLean had the keys.. he screwed the pooch.. game over. Unfortunately our franchise still suffers.. but there is hope. These current young kids don't give two ***** about Doug MacLean and the fact that he drafted Kiel McLeod, Nik Zherdev and a bunch of stiffs that never earned their first incentive pay for the CBJ. Good riddance. I ready to see an organization built like the Blues with JD, JK & their staff. I know the scouts are good.. JK is an excellent evaluator of talent. Happy Memorial Day Jackets fans!!!:D

Palinka

Dec 19, 2007
So, since Puck-Daddy link dropped this thread, figure it's a good time to bump it.

Anyone got anything to add?

I do. I was miserably sick at the time and didn't go into too much detail as a result. And looking back on it now, I had so much more to say and restrained myself. I vaguely recall writing out a lot and then deleting it before posting, and I have no idea why. I am fairly certain that a book could be written just on the trades.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I do. I was miserably sick at the time and didn't go into too much detail as a result. And looking back on it now, I had so much more to say and restrained myself. I vaguely recall writing out a lot and then deleting it before posting, and I have no idea why. I am fairly certain that a book could be written just on the trades.

707089.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad