Kings Article: A Longer Look At LA Kings D Prospect Matt Roy

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Young defenseman Matt Roy made his NHL debut with the LA Kings on February 16 against the Boston Bruins and did not look out of place. Nevertheless, we don't know a whole lot about him.

What kind of defenseman is he? How has his development progressed? What is the outlook for him? Is he close to becoming a bona fide NHL player?

Read all about it at...

A Longer Look At LA Kings D Prospect Matt Roy

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Young defenseman Matt Roy made his NHL debut with the LA Kings on February 16 against the Boston Bruins and did not look out of place. Nevertheless, we don't know a whole lot about him.

What kind of defenseman is he? How has his development progressed? What is the outlook for him? Is he close to becoming a bona fide NHL player?

Read all about it at...
No link good sir.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
So between him, LaDue and Walker as the future RHDs, can we trade Doughty now and avoid paying the spoiled brat $11M for the next 8 years. :naughty::sarcasm:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Roy has decent tools just needs to use them all. Speed up his game as well.

Not bad for a 7th rounder.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
So between him, LaDue and Walker as the future RHDs, can we trade Doughty now and avoid paying the spoiled brat $11M for the next 8 years. :naughty::sarcasm:

I think the Kings have 2 better RHD prospects than the 3 you list: Austin Strand and Sean Durzi.
Although Walker is pretty decent. LaDue is okay and we all expected him to be a level above
where he is.

Reactions: TruKingFan

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He's looked fine so far, happy the D pipeline might not be as barren as it appeared for a while there.

I also think Strand has the best chance to eclipse his draft spot. And I've been happy with LaDue lately, looks like he got some confidence and is running with it.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Despite his poor +/- in ONT this year, Roy passed the eye test significantly over Brickley and Clague defensively this year and deserved the call up. He's been the most trusted defensemen, particularly since November. He really came on strong late last year, and I think the Kings should give him a look on the PP. He's pretty good at getting shots through. I missed his first NHL game, but he looked just fine last night. Made all the safe smart plays. His CF is 50% the first two games.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Ho Hum, just another 7th rounder the Kings got to the NHL, no big deal.

Doesn't matter because they can't develop any top end talent with their high picks. A million Shore's, Roy's and Ladue's don't matter if you can't develop even a 2nd liner or #3 d-man. And that is why they are about to have 1 playoff win over a 5 season stretch.

And nothing against him, I thought he's looked like he has some bottom pairing upside but developing 7th rounders isn't going to get the Kings out of this hole.

Reactions: lumbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad