Post-Game Talk: A little Tuna to rid the taste of Campbell soup. Habs beat the Leaf.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Love Romanov because there's a lot of room to grow his game. He will just need to learn how to break up the cycles on the board. It will come from experience.

It's a bloody shame we haven't provided him with any stability on the right side. He won't learn how to combat the cycle until he gets a partner who doesn't run all over the place. He ends up trying to cover for too much when that happens. It's been evident all season long. That and the jockeying him back and forth from RD to LD got me going more than once.

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
It's a bloody shame we haven't provided him with any stability on the right side. He won't learn how to combat the cycle until he gets a partner who doesn't run all over the place. He ends up trying to cover for too much when that happens. It's been evident all season long. That and the jockeying him back and forth from RD to LD got me going more than once.
Agree 100 pcent!

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have finally found a clip of the tripping penalty that Drouin got on Kerfoot.

I have never seen a player fall and slide across three zones of the ice. Despite doing such an obvious long slide, Kerfoot was not called for embellishment.

See for yourself, it's as amazing a slide as you'll ever see in a hockey game.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Agreed, let's hope Merrill can be that guy, at least for the rest of the year.

Reactions: Rapala

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
I agree but the thing with the Leafs is they play about 1/3 of their capability in the playoffs most of the time which would work nicely for us should we play them.

Maybe in the past. I highly doubt that will be the case this time around.

It pains me to say this but we're going to get demolished in Round 1. Might even be a sweep.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I can’t remember who Markov’s partners were the first 2-3 seasons in the league, but I can’t imagine they are better then Romanov has had. I think this kid is going to be just fine. All the tools are there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Those are two qualities.

#1 C and puck possession.

For me, #1C implies an extremely offensive game.

Can you point out to me when he has displayed either quality. His offense is third-line level at best. Puck possession. Let's not go there. I think you and many posters are projecting your hopes onto this player.

I can only point that out to you if we were watching the game together. He's showing ability to carry the puck more and more IMO. Gradual upward development happening right in front of our eyes but narrative when we drafted him remains... long term type

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad