A little love from Alabama

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
So what's up Ottawa?

Still checking on y'all on a regular basis.

Geez, it is melting down here in Bama. 96º with a heat index of 109º...

Summer in Ottawa sounds like it would be nice.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
I'm back again.

Probably going to break down and buy Centre Ice this season.

Sounds like Formenton looked great tonight. I drafted him in one league, and going to snag him in the other I'm in.

I've already got:

Tommy Chabot
Colin White

so adding Formenton will do me well.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm back again.

Sounds like Formenton looked great tonight. I drafted him in one league, and going to snag him in the other I'm in.

I've already got:

Tommy Chabot
Colin White

Good game from the kids tonight... White is out another 6-7 weeks ... Brown was really good as well.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'm back again.

I've already got:

Tommy Chabot
Colin White

Better snag Brown while you can :nod:

The future looks very bright right now, which suprisngly enough was not the consensus before this year's training camp.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Formenton needs to slow down. Can't have him make the roster as we are now drafting on the 8th.

He just got his ELC so he'll probably hang around and play a few games before going back to junior. He's a really nice surprise at camp. Hopefully you manage to snag him in your pool. Any reason why you draft after the beginning of the season? Best of luck!

Reactions: Panic at the Back

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Our commissioner went to London to see the Saints beat the Dolphins.

One of our owners lives in Florida... and the hurricane was on the way for our first draft date.

Second draft date was postponed because the assistant commissioner's Mother in law passed away.

So... we draft on the 8th. Just picked up the 29th pick in the draft. I also have 34 and 38. So I'll grab him in that range.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Well the quote function isn't working well.

Thanks. I'm enjoying being a Sens fan down here. Plus the Red/Black combo goes well with my other team, and my car :)

Still can't find a Karlsson jersey on sale. Got a Hossa for $80.

Oh, I have the 4th pick in the Regular draft and Karlsson is available. If he's there, he's mine.. if not, thinking Granlund from MINN. RW's are at a premium, and I only have Real Deal James Neal at RW.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Our commissioner went to London to see the Saints beat the Dolphins.

One of our owners lives in Florida... and the hurricane was on the way for our first draft date.

Second draft date was postponed because the assistant commissioner's Mother in law passed away.

So... we draft on the 8th. Just picked up the 29th pick in the draft. I also have 34 and 38. So I'll grab him in that range.

At that's too bad. Real life is always priority number 1. At least we have hockey to escape it from time to time ;)

Also, Karlsson at number 4 is a no brainer!

Reactions: Panic at the Back

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
At that's too bad. Real life is always priority number 1. At least we have hockey to escape it from time to time ;)

Also, Karlsson at number 4 is a no brainer!

I'm hoping the injury puts someone off from picking him.

Burns is out there, so I'm hoping he goes ahead of EK.
Jamie Benn...
Tavares --
I'd rather not end up with Burns, he's 32. He may have a few more big seasons, but then it comes down to Granlund... RW's are a premium. Voracek is available, but Granlund seems to have potential to be a consistent 25-35-40 player.

Pieterangelo....

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
and the draft just got postponed... freaking hurricane may hit NOLA, and that is where our commissioner lives.

Teams all over the US - Florida, New Orleans, Cleveland, St. Louis, Milwaukee, , DC, North Dakota, Philly.
I'm living on the edge of my seat waiting for the 4th pick...

argh!!!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
and the draft just got postponed... freaking hurricane may hit NOLA, and that is where our commissioner lives.

Teams all over the US - Florida, New Orleans, Cleveland, St. Louis, Milwaukee, , DC, North Dakota, Philly.
I'm living on the edge of my seat waiting for the 4th pick...

argh!!!
well I think the hockey pool delay is kinda minimal in comparison to getting hit by Nate... just sayin'
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/us/hurricane-nate-forecast/index.html

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Bought Centre Ice so I could watch more Sens. It has been worth it. HOLY MOLY! I've seen parts of 4 or 5 games already, maybe all of them.

Turris -playing for that new deal. $6m - 5 years. I'd do it. Looked great skating around the orange and blue pylons.
Chabot - glad I drafted that kid. He's going to be great.
Hoffman - that shot is nasty.

Wideman - no love for him, all he does is fire bombs. But those bombs be filthy.

Reactions: Blarginator

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bought Centre Ice so I could watch more Sens. It has been worth it. HOLY MOLY! I've seen parts of 4 or 5 games already, maybe all of them.

Turris -playing for that new deal. $6m - 5 years. I'd do it. Looked great skating around the orange and blue pylons.
Chabot - glad I drafted that kid. He's going to be great.
Hoffman - that shot is nasty.

Wideman - no love for him, all he does is fire bombs. But those bombs be filthy.

Definitely worth the investment so far!

Glad to have you back on board this season.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
I'm doing some traveling for work, so it does come in handy being able to watch games in the hotel too.
Still trying to find a Karlsson jersey on sale somewhere, but no luck at all.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Getting gas at the local Mapco, saw a guy had a Ferris State Hockey license plate. I said hello, but I was wearing an enemy t-shirt (I did mention that I like the band Rush way earlier). Turns out the guy played at Ferris State, minor league hockey and ended up down here.. from OTTAWA!!!
Wish I had worn my black shorts today. Would have had my Ottawa shirt on.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Getting gas at the local Mapco, saw a guy had a Ferris State Hockey license plate. I said hello, but I was wearing an enemy t-shirt (I did mention that I like the band Rush way earlier). Turns out the guy played at Ferris State, minor league hockey and ended up down here.. from OTTAWA!!!
Wish I had worn my black shorts today. Would have had my Ottawa shirt on.

You should just move here. You're practically family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->