A little love from Alabama

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Alright... so missed the first two goals, went to get some BBQ - had them put the game on, and then Stone scored. Got home for goals 2, 3 and as we went to Mass. My wife admonished me, but I was checking my phone - "we are in church, they will score."

BOOM!

BOOM!!!

I may have to go to Mass for game 6.

Just keep doing what you do my man! This team is a roller coaster ride at times but you just got to keep believing.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Congratulations Senators fans!

Wasn't able to watch it, and figured DVR might be a jinx. So before I took the court it was 1-0.. then we lost game 1 and it was 2-0... I felt pretty good as we lost the first match 3-0... then by the time I got back it was 2-1, but we lost game 1 of our second match... then got back 0-2, and Sens were up 3-2.. by the time we lost our 6th game of the night and second match - the series was over.

Had to listen to Rangers post game show on Sirius... it was kind of sad.

Got home to see the facebooks with the festive scenes from the party area of town. Y'all are so nice and orderly. Keep cool y'all deserve it.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Congratulations Senators fans!

Wasn't able to watch it, and figured DVR might be a jinx. So before I took the court it was 1-0.. then we lost game 1 and it was 2-0... I felt pretty good as we lost the first match 3-0... then by the time I got back it was 2-1, but we lost game 1 of our second match... then got back 0-2, and Sens were up 3-2.. by the time we lost our 6th game of the night and second match - the series was over.

Had to listen to Rangers post game show on Sirius... it was kind of sad.

Got home to see the facebooks with the festive scenes from the party area of town. Y'all are so nice and orderly. Keep cool y'all deserve it.

Thanks man! Hopefully you stay on the bandwagon for the rest of the way!

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Got a wedding to attend Saturday afternoon, hoping to get to Mass then watch the game. Hopefully I'll have my usual pizza to comfort me as well :) Won't wear my Sens shirt till the night, but I did find my old Alfredsson Macfarlane figure... may need to put in a place of prominence for the next few weeks.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
This thread is underrated.

i say we keep this guy.

(no you dont have a choice. we decide)

Y'all are too kind. I'm enjoying this run. i've even got the wife supporting the Sens now, she just got into hockey this year when we saw the Preds 3x. So she's hoping for a Preds-Sens final as well.

Married 32 years and we finally have a sport to watch that she really likes.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Forgot to mention, I drafted Chabot and White in my $ keeper league last year. :)

Good move for a keeper league. It'll take a bit of time before you can reap the benefits of those picks but once they get comfortable they should give you some solid production. It always depends how many people are in the league. I'm in a league with 6 players so we're all loaded with superstars :laugh:

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Good move for a keeper league. It'll take a bit of time before you can reap the benefits of those picks but once they get comfortable they should give you some solid production. It always depends how many people are in the league. I'm in a league with 6 players so we're all loaded with superstars :laugh:

10 teams, with 15 players in reserve, 30 on the first team. You can hold a junior (Chabot and White) two seasons after they exceed 10 games in the NHL. You can keep them for a total of 6 years after that.

---

Let me know if they put sweaters on sale - I'm trying to get the wife to get me a Karlsson one for Father's Day :)

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Got home in time to watch the last minutes of Period 1. Had the shirt on, but Pittsburgh's game day staff played Kasabian's "Club Foot", it appears that playing a song I like helps your team win.

Sens should load up on Kasabian, Rush and Cage the Elephant. :)

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
So my son has also adopted Ottawa out of hate for Sidney and Malkin. He lives in Chicago.

So I text him the score.

Me: 4-0 1st period SENS!!!

Son: WOW!!!!

Me: Yeah, Beauties.

Son: Are you Canadian now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad