A little help on these 10 CHL prospects please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
RW Bobby Ryan OHL Owen-Sound
C Ryan O'Marra OHL Erie
C Daniel Ryder OHL Peterborough
C Evan Brophey OHL Barrie
RW Michael Blunden OHL Erie
LW James Neal OHL Plymouth
D Andrew Hotham OHL Barrie
D Dan Mercer WHL Moose Jaw
D Michael Sauer WHL Portland
D Dalyn Flatt WHL Saskatoon

If you have seen them play, it would be great if you could give me your opinion on them. I would like to know how their about their skating, puck skills, physical play, work ethic, how much they are playing and in what situations. Any info would be appreciated.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Bobby Ryan - RW - 6'1'' 224lbs.

Some of the softest hands you'll ever see. He's got amazing strength and likes to play physical. Very hard to knock off the puck. Could be a future power forward in the league.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
flip588 said:
Bobby Ryan - RW - 6'1'' 224lbs.

Some of the softest hands you'll ever see. He's got amazing strength and likes to play physical. Very hard to knock off the puck. Could be a future power forward in the league.

Scored 1g 3a last night ..... 8g 14a 22pts in 18 games this year
22g 17a 39pts in 65 games last year

Probably top 15, maybe top 10 pick

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
Sauer

17 yo WHL rookie. Carrying on the tradition of the Winter Hawks finding a stud rookie Dman each year for the past few years running (Funk and Mikkelson for the past two years). Listed as 6'2" 198 lbs, the younger brother of ex Hawk and ECHL'er Kent Sauer, and current NHL'er Kurt Sauer. His brothers will tell you he's the best of all three of them, and is showing it on the ice. Yes, he's a rookie and has made some mistakes, but for the most part, he's stepped into the Hawks top 4 Dmen, and has not looked out of place. Generally has been paired with Braydon Coburn. His skating is solid, though not spectacular. His positioning is exceptionally sound and its rare to find him out of place. He makes solid break out passes, and sees the ice well. His shot isn't exceptional, but it can be deceiving: good quick release with his wrist shot from the point, usually on net as well. Also is showing at this early point in his WHL career leadership ability, he is constantly communicating while on and off the ice. If he has a weakness its that he could be stronger, but the same can be said for many WHL rookies. He's leading the Hawks in +/- right now with a +7.

I expect him to be on the scouting radar very soon, and quickly moving up the rankings.

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
Dalyn Flatt isn't anything too special, but he is pretty solid for his age. He doesn't make too many mistakes and is a pretty good hitter. I'd look for him to go late in this years draft.

NV

Aug 22, 2003
I saw Ryan O'Marra play Thursday night and was extremely impressed. He's a lot bigger than I thought he was. He's a strong skater who can carry the puck. He also has a great shot. He played the point on the #1 PP for Erie and let a cannon go through a defenceman's legs and into the top corner. He gets a lot of ice for Erie (2nd or 3rd line) and with his size and offensive skills, you can see he'll be a fairly high pick. He looks bigger than the 190 pounds he's listed at... very solid on the ice.

I watch Daniel Ryder play every week and he's just a great player. By the end of last season, as a 16 year old he was already the Petes' best player. This year, he continues to centre the Petes top line with Liam Reddox and Patrick Kaleta on his wings. He is the Petes best penalty killer as well, occasionally killing penalties singlehandedly. At this point in his career, he's a better player than O'Marra by some margin. Ryder is one of those players who makes everyone he plays with look better. He has great hands and playmaking skills and can finish as well. Given the fact that he's 5'11 180, rather than 6'2, 195, he'll probably be drafted well after O'Marra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad