A Little Erik Karlsson Update

WhiteLight*

When Condra makes Team USA, will you change your opinion?

Condra's American smartypants

edit-hey it said team canada

Karlsson
Alfredsson
Landeskog
Enstrom
Lehner

what's not to like?

WhiteLight*

No it didn't, if it did it would say "edited".
;)

:scared:

On a somewhat random note, there is no player in the NHL/world I would trade Karlsson for.

Crosby has health issues.
Malkin is closing in on UFA.
Stamkos isn't that much better offensively to justify the move.

Nobody else comes close.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
:scared:

On a somewhat random note, there is no player in the NHL/world I would trade Karlsson for.

Crosby has health issues.
Malkin is closing in on UFA.
Stamkos isn't that much better offensively to justify the move.

Nobody else comes close.
I don't disagree with you here.

Also to justify keeping Karlsson over Stamkos, it creates a huge hole on D and creates an even bigger log jam at C. Not a reason to turn away Stamkos, unless you're giving up a Norris winning defenceman.

Anca18

Aug 19, 2010
Ottawa, ON
karlsson-erik.jpg

What a beauty...

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
So jealous for Sweden, Lidström retires and Karlsson emerges and we can't even produce the next Aki Berg..

Most fun and entertaining player in the world ! Världens bästa Karlsson !!

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
Do all of you guys think i am an idiot if i say
Brian Leech = Erik Karlsson?
Can he be that big?

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
One of the articles on that translated website:

"Finnish economy is a lousy thing is that exports have started to decline again. Finnish Ice Hockey the best product for export, hockey coaching, instead of interest. Suction to the east is tougher than there ever were in Imatra rapids."

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You forgot Edler, the guy who will be alongside Karlsson in Ottawa next year; come on man.

This could be true. The papers here keep writing up how he is going to be out of town because of all the $$ already allocated towards the D.

meh. Edler is overrated. Hamhuis does all the heavy lifting in Vancouver.

?

Karlsson > Leetch

WRONG.

Hamuis has been Vancouver's most consistent dman yes. But Edler does more. Plays the first PP unit and the first SH unit. Hits more, scores more, and sets up more. He could have done better this year but was playing with a considerable injury. The reason Canucks are willing to part ways with him is because he is the only piece of their hefty $$ d-corps that could bring considerable value in return. That is why his name has been linked with numerous trades over the summer. That and the fact that media here is having doubts on whether or not he'll reach his "elite" potential now with his bummed back.

So while I wouldn't mind Edler on our team, I don't think its a good idea given the fact that we'd have to give up a considerable amount for someone who could decline so easily. Reports are saying his back may never fully heal. So is it worth the risk on picking up a guy we are going to most definitely over pay for?

Milan the God*

Did Karlsson have some amazing games to end the season? Cause last time I checked he was about three points under a PPG.

WhiteLight*

WRONG.

Hamuis has been Vancouver's most consistent dman yes. But Edler does more. Plays the first PP unit and the first SH unit. Hits more, scores more, and sets up more. He could have done better this year but was playing with a considerable injury. The reason Canucks are willing to part ways with him is because he is the only piece of their hefty $$ d-corps that could bring considerable value in return. That is why his name has been linked with numerous trades over the summer. That and the fact that media here is having doubts on whether or not he'll reach his "elite" potential now with his bummed back.

You're absolutely wrong.

First, he wouldn't bring in more value in a trade than any other Canuck d-man because he is unrestricted this summer.

Second, Hamhuis does all the heavy lifting.

Hamhuis plays more minutes 5-on-5. Hamhuis plays against the top lines. Hamhuis plays more on the PK. I don't know where you are getting your info but it's wrong.

Edler gets the highest % of offensive zone starts out of all Canucks d-men.

Hamhuis was on the ice for a HUGE amount more goals for than Edler
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=25&s=21&f1=2011_s&f2=5v5&f4=D&f5=VAN&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67+21+22+23+24+25+26+27+28#
Canucks score so much more when Hamhuis is on the ice.

The Canucks gave up much less goals against when Hamhuis was on the ice vs Edler, despite Hamhuis playing more total minutes and against better competition.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=25&s=22&f1=2011_s&f2=5v5&f4=D&f5=VAN&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67+21+22+23+24+25+26+27+28#

Finally, Hamhuis puts up more points/per minute of ice time than Edler at even strength.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=25&s=20&f1=2011_s&f2=5v5&f4=D&f5=VAN&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67+17+18+19+20+21+22+23+24+25+26+27+28
Hamhuis is also not far behind on the PP, though Edler gets many more minutes there.

Hamhuis is clearly the #1 D in Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad