Goalies: A little equipment help.

Analyzer*

I have a Reebok Premier series II chest protector. When I pull it down and put it in place it fits fine. Unfortunately if I move around it starts to ride up a bit which makes it hard for me to move my arms/see near my feet if the puck is there. How do I stop that ? I've tried tighten and loosen it. Maybe I'm too fat for it ? :laugh:

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
I have a Reebok Premier series II chest protector. When I pull it down and put it in place it fits fine. Unfortunately if I move around it starts to ride up a bit which makes it hard for me to move my arms/see near my feet if the puck is there. How do I stop that ? I've tried tighten and loosen it. Maybe I'm too fat for it ? :laugh:

Your stomach might pose an issue. :laugh:

A couple of questions:

1. how far does it ride up? (pictures would be awesome)
2. Does it stay there? Or does it shift up and down alot?
3. How many straps do you have? Alot of Senior C/A's have very little straps/velcro to really mix up with the fit while Pro Level C/A's have quite a few. You're saying it's the P2 version which would be the pro version, but I'd just like to make sure.

4. how big is the gut? :D

Analyzer*

It rises about an inch, or so. It goes from "Feels good, man" to, for some reason this doesn't feel good.

I'd post pics, but my laptop is currently not accept my camera's usb cord.

4 Straps on back/side.

5 on each arm.

It shifts up and down. Occasionally it'll shift back into how it's suppose to.

I'd say it's a baby gut well on it's way to a keg if I don't change.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
It rises about an inch, or so. It goes from "Feels good, man" to, for some reason this doesn't feel good.

I'd post pics, but my laptop is currently not accept my camera's usb cord.

4 Straps on back/side.

5 on each arm.

It shifts up and down. Occasionally it'll shift back into how it's suppose to.

I'd say it's a baby gut well on it's way to a keg if I don't change.

Those types of C/A are supposed to ride up and down. The problem is when it rides up and stays up.

I really think suspenders will solve your problem. Because they go over your shoulders, the suspenders will pull everything down when you stand up.

Another thing you can do is use that loop in the front to tie your pants and your C/A together.

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
Those types of C/A are supposed to ride up and down. The problem is when it rides up and stays up.

I really think suspenders will solve your problem. Because they go over your shoulders, the suspenders will pull everything down when you stand up.

Another thing you can do is use that loop in the front to tie your pants and your C/A together.

Or loosen the side buckles so that it has room to shift down. \

Analyzer, do you tuck your C/A?

Analyzer*

Or loosen the side buckles so that it has room to shift down. \

Analyzer, do you tuck your C/A?

I leave it on the outside.

I should get use to it going up and down ? I was just worried I spent money on something that wasn't going to fit right and have to get another one.

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
I leave it on the outside.

I should get use to it going up and down ? I was just worried I spent money on something that wasn't going to fit right and have to get another one.

Was just checking.

Reeboks are fairly well known as being a blocking style C/A and having a low neckline.

The neck line rises when you drop in the BF. Your C/A is going to shift no matter what, if it's only moving about an inch or less, you're in all right shape. My V5 C/A moves about the same, but I wear it loose.

Keep tinkering with it but keep in mind they are designed to shift around. Especially in comparison from standing and being in a BF.

Edit: Check out this site.

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/index.php

It's a plethora of gear/technique information as well as the constant drooling over the pros. You'll have alot more of your questions answered by far more knowledgeable people than me. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad