News Article: A Lesson in Patience | Jesse Puljujarvi

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What list? The guy doesn't have a contract.

If I recall correctly the Oilers attempted to acquire Filpulla at the trade deadline the year they made the playoffs and he wouldn't waive his NTC. So if he wasn't willing to come to Edmonton when we were a playoff team on the rise it could make some sense he might not be willing to come now that we're a trash heap.

I can't actually find a link backing this info up though. But this is what I seem to recall.

And of course things can change. Maybe Filppula has a relationship with Holland that he didn't have with Chia. Sort of like Lucic and Chiarelli.... rip

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

Hard to believe sometimes that this is the same player we drafted. Unlike Yak, he’s doing this against men. And when he went up against his kids his own age, he dominated and won MVP for the world juniors.

I still think he has potential and can be an impact player for us. It might take him some time to get there but trading him would be a mistake. Not everyone’s development is linear.

With him having his surgery on both hips, it’s tough imagining him taking a giant step forward but you never know I guess. I just think with Holland around and a new coach coming in, he can turn things around.

Man, what a player we had...

Reactions: BlackDogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad