A History Re-Wright.

Clown Baby*

To me, it's amazing how differently the times could have changed had the Flyers used their first selection on Larry Robinson, in 1971. Robinson, the one original credited with giving the Canadiens their attitude adjustment, was something the Flyers' organization lacked until the mid 80s, when Mark Howe became available to them.

I always find myself asking, how would Clarke's peak offensive years varied without Reggie right there by his side? Would the Flyers have had the success they did in '76 without Leach? Would the Flyers' scouting staff have had the foresight to shift Robinson to D? And more importantly, would Robinson's legacy be the same, while playing the role he did with the Bullies?

FiveForDrawingBlood

May 25, 2010
To me, it's amazing how differently the times could have changed had the Flyers used their first selection on Larry Robinson, in 1971. Robinson, the one original credited with giving the Canadiens their attitude adjustment, was something the Flyers' organization lacked until the mid 80s, when Mark Howe became available to them.

I always find myself asking, how would Clarke's peak offensive years varied without Reggie right there by his side? Would the Flyers have had the success they did in '76 without Leach? Would the Flyers' scouting staff have had the foresight to shift Robinson to D? And more importantly, would Robinson's legacy be the same, while playing the role he did with the Bullies?

I often say Draft Day is most important day of the year. It is how your future will go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad