News Article: A history of Brad Marchand and Torey Krug’s Twitter rivalry

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
After Tuesday’s overtime win against the Carolina Hurricanes, (Brad) Marchand was spotted by NBC Sports Boston’s Joe Haggerty giving a tour of the team’s locker room to a young fan. Haggerty tweeted that Marchand joked to the fan and her family that 6-foot-9-inch Zdeno Chara is taller than he is (Marchand stands at five feet, nine inches) when Chara is on his knees.

Krug is also listed at 5-feet-9-inches, and since he joined the Bruins in 2013, he and Marchand have feuded over who stands taller.
Rarely one to keep comments to himself, Marchand took an opportunity to fire a shot at Krug, another player that goes 5-feet-9-inches.

A history of Brad Marchand and Torey Krug's Twitter rivalry | Boston.com

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
After Tuesday’s overtime win against the Carolina Hurricanes, (Brad) Marchand was spotted by NBC Sports Boston’s Joe Haggerty giving a tour of the team’s locker room to a young fan. Haggerty tweeted that Marchand joked to the fan and her family that 6-foot-9-inch Zdeno Chara is taller than he is (Marchand stands at five feet, nine inches) when Chara is on his knees.

Krug is also listed at 5-feet-9-inches, and since he joined the Bruins in 2013, he and Marchand have feuded over who stands taller.
Rarely one to keep comments to himself, Marchand took an opportunity to fire a shot at Krug, another player that goes 5-feet-9-inches.

A history of Brad Marchand and Torey Krug's Twitter rivalry | Boston.com

I've been following the feud through Haggerty for awhile now.

I love it. They understand fun.

Everybody Hates Brad is a working title.

Perhaps Torey Krug's Big Move.

Safe bet? It's a Small World.

Reactions: wintersej

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I have notifications on my phone for any time Brad tweets

He doesn’t often but when he does it’s great

Reactions: Mantis

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
article should be titled "A short history of..."
20190305_203335.gif

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's really too bad some teams put restriction on players being active on social media.

Bruins are playing playoff hockey right now (and have for a while) while teams like Tampa are going through doldrums.

To me, this is just another indication of how close and loose the team is even during times of stress.

I hope the Bruins never put a restriction on their players

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’re both too funny. Love being able to cheer on a team that’s in it for each other

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->