A Healthy Roster

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
We haven't see a healthy roster all year but it might prove interesting/surprising if we did see it.

Mikheyev/AM/Marner
Hy/JT/Ny
Kerfoot/Engvall/Spezza
Johnsson/Goat/Kappy

spare: Tima

Rielly/Barrie
Muzzin/Holl
Sandin/Ceci

spares:Lily, Marincin

I think this is the best lineup I've seen for TO in 20 years, I'll be shocked if this lineup can't make the playoffs and can't do some damage once there.

The only problem is will we ever see everyone healthy.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
We haven't see a healthy roster all year but it might prove interesting/surprising if we did see it.

Mikheyev/AM/Marner
Hy/JT/Ny
Kerfoot/Engvall/Spezza
Johnsson/Goat/Kappy

spare: Tima

Rielly/Barrie
Muzzin/Holl
Sandin/Ceci

spares:Lily, Marincin

I think this is the best lineup I've seen for TO in 20 years, I'll be shocked if this lineup can't make the playoffs and can't do some damage once there.

The only problem is will we ever see everyone healthy.

You got that lineup completely wrong lol

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Johnsson/Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen/Engvall
Timashov-Goat/Spezza-Moore

I'm going to assume either Johnsson or Kapanen + Dermott are gone to improve our defense so I'll go with

Rielly- Trade
Muzzin- Holl
Sandin- Barrie

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
What's so great about the possibilities is the number of possibilities.

For me about the only thing I can think of that Keefe is doing wrong is not using Nylander to advance the puck when TO is on the PP.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Some cap related, roster decisions would have to be made with a healthy team during the regular season. Good to know that the cap is at least no longer a consideration come playoff time. Rielly should be on track to return prior to the playoffs. Mikheyev seems less likely to do so. This team definitely has the potential to impress or surprise if/when they get there (playoffs).

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
My healthy lineup for playoffs:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Johnsson - Spezza - Moore
Extra: Gauthier

Muzzin (22 mins, PK) - Holl (21 mins, PK)
Rielly (21 mins, PP PK) - Barrie (19 mins, PP)
Sandin (18 mins, PP) - Dermott* (19 mins, PK)
Extra: Ceci

I'm assuming we're going to make a couple of deals though. Unfortunately the injury situation makes it really difficult to move guys like Ceci who is useful at the moment with Rielly injured, but will be an extra piece once Rielly comes back for the playoffs.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
You got that lineup completely wrong lol

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Johnsson/Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen/Engvall
Timashov-Goat/Spezza-Moore

I'm going to assume either Johnsson or Kapanen + Dermott are gone to improve our defense so I'll go with

Rielly- Trade
Muzzin- Holl
Sandin- Barrie
Your forward lines are on point but I highly doubt Dermott gets shipped out, his analytics are great and Dubas is a big analytics guy. Also not sure why you have Holl over Barrie, that would be a waste of Barrie's talents. On a completely healthy Leafs team Holl is either #6 or #7 depending on how you view Ceci

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
My healthy lineup for playoffs:

Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Johnsson - Spezza - Moore
Extra: Gauthier

Muzzin (22 mins, PK) - Holl (21 mins, PK)
Rielly (21 mins, PP PK) - Barrie (19 mins, PP)
Sandin (18 mins, PP) - Dermott* (19 mins, PK)
Extra: Ceci

I'm assuming we're going to make a couple of deals though. Unfortunately the injury situation makes it really difficult to move guys like Ceci who is useful at the moment with Rielly injured, but will be an extra piece once Rielly comes back for the playoffs.
Holl averaging 21 minutes?! He's at 17 on the dot right now and it's not like he has been playing that good

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Your forward lines are on point but I highly doubt Dermott gets shipped out, his analytics are great and Dubas is a big analytics guy. Also not sure why you have Holl over Barrie, that would be a waste of Barrie's talents. On a completely healthy Leafs team Holl is either #6 or #7 depending on how you view Ceci

Muzzin and Holl have been there shutdown pair all year, if we get Rielly his partner then Barrie plays in a sheltered offensive roll with pp time, and if we need a goal then you run him with Rielly

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Holl averaging 21 minutes?! He's at 17 on the dot right now and it's not like he has been playing that good

Justin Holl 2019-20 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

That's because you're using the stats when Babcock was here. Under Keefe, he's been averaging 19 minutes and increasing. Last 5 games for example he's been playing 21 minutes on average (obviously with Rielly out but still, Rielly doesn't play the shutdown role anyways). He's been a defensive beast IMO, along with Jake Muzzin. That's been the top shutdown pairing for Keefe. When the playoffs arrive, it makes sense that the shutdown pairing will face 20-22 minutes a night.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Mikheyev-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Moore-Engvall-Spezza

Rielly-Barrie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Dermott

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd be shocked if Mikheyev came back this season but just for fun I'd have him with Tavares and Nylander. Not sure who we put on the 4th line between Kerfoot Johnsson Kappy and Engvall?

Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Nylander
Johnsson Engvall/Kerfoot Kapanen
Moore Engvall/Kerfoot Spezza

That's freakin loaded. Too bad we'll probably never see it this year.

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and Palio

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I doubt we see Mikheyev again this season but this is what I'd do

Hyman Matthew's Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Nylander
Johnsson Kerfoot Kapanen
Moore Engvall Spezza

Rielly Barrie
Muzzin Holl
Dermott Ceci

The defensive unit isn't anything special but God damn that forward group is an absolute monster

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If we ran Nylander at 3C we could make 3 legitimate 1st lines.

Mikheyev-Matthews-Engvall
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Nylander-Kapanen

And then our 4th line would still be:

Moore-Kerfoot-Spezza

Absolutely nuts.

Not that you'd ever run those lines, but it's nice knowing you could.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
My healthy lineup.

ZH-AM-MM
Soup-JT-WN
Kerfoot-Engvall-Kap
AJ-Spezza-Moore

Reilly-Barrie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Dermott
Ceci

Andersen
Hutch

Really like how Kerfoot plays, he is quite smart out on the ice and he is a much better winger than C the way he is playing under Keefe.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If we ran Nylander at 3C we could make 3 legitimate 1st lines.

Mikheyev-Matthews-Engvall
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Nylander-Kapanen

And then our 4th line would still be:

Moore-Kerfoot-Spezza

Absolutely nuts.

Not that you'd ever run those lines, but it's nice knowing you could.

Matthews will score like 60 goals if he has Soup and Engvall playing next to him. The way these two win the pucks are quite insane.
Would have put Kerfoot instead of AJ on the wing next to Willie.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I really like Mikheyev, but I suspect it will be another year before he replaces Hyman as the top line bulldog.

But I love either:

Hyman/Matthews/Marner
Mikheyev/Tavares/Nylander

or:

Mikheyev/Matthews/Marner
Hyman/Tavares/Nylander.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Engvall - Spezza
Ex. Gauthier, Timashov

Muzzin - Holl
Rielly - Barrie
Dermott - Ceci
Ex. Marincin

Is probably what the healthy lineup without any trades would look based on preferences Keefe has shown.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if trades are made, and we never see this kind of lineup actualized (although, I think it would be over the cap anyways).

TNCHL

Yeet
Aug 3, 2014
Toronto
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Engvall - Spezza
Ex. Gauthier, Timashov

Muzzin - Holl
Rielly - Barrie
Dermott - Ceci
Ex. Marincin

Is probably what the healthy lineup without any trades would look based on preferences Keefe has shown.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if trades are made, and we never see this kind of lineup actualized (although, I think it would be over the cap anyways).

Forgot bout Sandin bud

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Forgot bout Sandin bud
I'd much rather have him in the lineup than Ceci, but do you actually think, if no trades are made, you're going to have Muzzin, Rielly, Dermott, & Sandin in the lineup? Probably not. I think they'd rather have him in the AHL in that case, munching minutes, rather than sitting in the press box until the playoffs.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Johnsson-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Moore-Engvall-Spezza

Rielly-Barrie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Ceci

Freddie/Hutch

They can't afford any spares unless they make the playoffs. Forwards are great. Backup sucks and the D-core is not very good either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad