Raymond - Bolland - Clarkson
D'Amigo - McClement - Orr
McClaren

Defense
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - Ranger
Fraser

Put together a line of McClement - Bolland - Kulemin to hold a lead.
Thoughts?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What does it look like?

imo

Forwards
VanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
McClaren

Defense
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - Ranger
Fraser

Thoughts?

in an entire healthy lineup? I'd still carry Smith as an extra forward instead of Orr, play McClaren instead of Orr - I like how Gardiner & Rielly played together vs. LA so i'd actually keep them together and smoke everyone, Ranger & Liles, and no Fraser.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I'm against any line up that has Bozak as the 1st line center, so it looks terrible. Swap Bozak and Kadri and your lineup looks fantastic:nod:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What does it look like?

imo

Forwards
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
McClaren

Defense
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - Ranger
Fraser

Thoughts?

If Bolland was healthy, he is probably our best all around center. He was prior to his injury so I would go with something like this.

Bozak-Kessel-JVR
Bolland-Lupul-Clarkson
Kadri-Kulemin-Raymond

Defence, still needs upgrading.

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Raymond - Bozak - Kulemin
D'Amigo - McClement - Orr/ McClaren

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Rielly
Liles - Franson

Bernier/ Reimer

Kadri to top line as our #1 centre
Bolland as #2

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I currently think a depth approach is the best way to go... I also don't like a pure-shut down line, if they're playing that much TOI they need to be 2-way.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
MayRay - Bolland - Kulemin
D'amigo - McClement - Orr/Ashton/Broll/Devane etc.

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Gunnarson - Rielly
Ranger/Liles - Franson

Bernier/Reimer

As for the goalies, at this point I have no clue who's going to be better... Reimer seems to work really hard on his bad traits (the past year it was rebound control and absorbing the puck). He seems to put a lot of effort into his game to constantly make sure he's improving. Bernier on the other hand seems to have an insane amount of talent, and if he can stop from letting in the soft goalies I'd bet on him... Both are great goalies and will be (or are) legit starting 1As.

I want Franson on the 3rd pairing getting little even strength and lots of PP toi (unless we can trade him). Split Gunnar/Phaneuf so that we can have an OFD with TWD/DFD on both of the top two pairings.

As for the forwards, I'm a HUGE fan of Kadri and think he's our best C (Bolland is pretty great too), but for now I want him on the 2nd pairing to give us some awesome scoring depth as well as a more balanced line-up (having defensive guys like Bozak on the first line as well as scoring players like MayRay on the 3rd).

Edit: To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't say no to trading MayRay + Franson for picks, promoting leivo to the 3rd line (or D'amigo to the 3rd... but then our 4th line starts to get a bit useless) and the bottom pairing Liles-Ranger. We could also trade a package of MayRay/Franson/Bozak/Fraser/Kulemin/picks for another C like Bolland or better as well as a D-upgrade. I feel like all these players (perhaps the exception being Kulemin) are replaceable from within our organization (D'amigo/Leivo can play 3rd line IMO, we have lots of bottom pairing dmen too).

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Changed my mind a bit. Keep Raymond out there with Lupul they have good chemistry and put Kadri between them to make a dangerous second line.

I'd like a forward unit of

JVR Bozak Kessel
Raymond Kadri Lupul
Kulemin Bolland Clarkson
McClement Smith D'Amigo

Kessel and JVR on the primary scoring line. Kadri Raymond and Lupul on the secondary scoring line and Bolland Kulemin and Clarkson as the shut down unit with McClement Smith and D'Amigo making up the fourth line with D'Amigo and McClement ready to bump Clarkson down a line if he continues to float out there.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Kulemin
Raymond - Kadri - Clarkson
D'Amigo - McClement - Smith

I'm not vouching for Kadri on the 3rd line, I would have both the 2nd and 3rd line evenly distributed the icetime minutes. I put Kadri with Raymond and Clarkson because he is a player that can generate things with lesser linemates. I don't like Raymond with Clarkson but Lupul and Kulemin currently work too well together. Kadri's career year last year was largely due to him being on the "3rd line", taking advantage of those sheltered minutes and 3rd pairing defenseman. I think it could work again if the Bozak and Bolland line take the tougher assignments.

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Gunnarsson - Fraser
Liles - Rielly

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
If Bolland was healthy, he is probably our best all around center. He was prior to his injury so I would go with something like this.

Bozak-Kessel-JVR
Bolland-Lupul-Clarkson
Kadri-Kulemin-Raymond

Defence, still needs upgrading.

i was gonna post these same lines.

it doesn't have that "checking" line... but I think we get 3 very good lines... so I like the fact that all three lines can contriute rather than just counting on only 2 of your lines to put the puck in the net.

4th line I would have:

Levio - McClement - D'Amigo
Orr (if we need a fighter, let Orr take a spot on the wing on the 4th line)

Defense I would have:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Gunner
Liles - Franson
Ranger

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
A third line of Raymond - Bolland - Clarkson makes sense. Putting aside Clarkson's caphit and term, he and Bolland would work teams incredibly hard and tire out whomever they play against

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Forwards
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
McClement - Holland - Orr/McLaren

Defense
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - Liles
Ranger/Fraser

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Going to be a difficult decision once Bolland and Bozak are back. We don't know just how effective Bolland is going to be so maybe having a line like Bolland - Holland - Clakrson may materialize.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
heck, it'll be a difficult decision even when Clarkson comes back.

if the 2nd and 3rd line have another good game against PIT like they did last night, Clarkson's gonna come back on the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad