A gripe with the matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

Why does 4-2 Sweden get to play 3-3 Czech Republic while 6-0 Finland and 5-1 Russia have to play each other? Shouldn't teams who win their games get an advantage by re-seeding?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
RallyKiller said:
Why does 4-2 Sweden get to play 3-3 Czech Republic while 6-0 Finland and 5-1 Russia have to play each other? Shouldn't teams who win their games get an advantage by re-seeding?

Group games only determine quarterfinal draw. Each half of the playoff draw has a team that ended 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Randall Graves*

Freudian said:
Group games only determine quarterfinal draw. Each half of the playoff draw has a team that ended 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
I know that, I'm saying Finland should've got the team in the opposite group, with Russia getting the other if they are doing it this why. I want to see the two best teams in the gold medal game..

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Win = two points, loss = 1 point. Equal Points: direct comparison counts.

In 2010, a win will be 3 Points, Ties will be broken by a shootout and give 2 and 1 Points, loss gives 0 Points.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
RallyKiller said:
I know that, I'm saying Finland should've got the team in the opposite group, with Russia getting the other if they are doing it this why. I want to see the two best teams in the gold medal game..

And you will.

Perhaps you want to replace Sweden with Slovakia in the final. After all they have the better record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->