Proposal: A good bye gift to the CBJ; a clown bet?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Now, as you all have heard I have a famous bet with a HAbs fan/troll/misunderstood Disney fan, the origin story was this.

*Cue scene on NP.com boards couple of seasons ago*

29dryden29: SK is a tool LOL! He will kill the Preds!

BigFatCat: Oh really? Wanna make a bet?

29dryden29: Oh?

Bigfatcat: Bet is this. If SK scores 20 goals you have to get made up as a clown in your Habs Jersey and photo to be posted on the net. If he doesn't I have to get made up as a clown in my black and blue. Deal?

29dryden29: Deal!

One season later Dryden ended up as a clown in his throwback barber pole jersey. (Props for that Dryden).

Now, fast forward to now. In various text conversations with Viqsi, Our resident CBJ spy, she says that there is so much negative juju around the CBJ that they can't get the #1 pick, period, bar none. I laugh and in my arrogance I said I could help you do this. She said, 'Oh, How?'

Here's my how. Fact is, if the rumors of CBJ switching with the Kidnapped Thrashers, I would have the CBJ as my east team of interest.

IF, the CBA confirms the switch, would you be opposed to this bet?

CBJ fans: If the Jackets get the #1 pick, one of their fanbase has to get made up as a clown in their jersey. (Yes, I will protect your jersey, just ask 29dryden29). For each additional pick in the top ten, ANOTHER CBJ fan has to get made up as well.

If CBJ doesn't get #1, I have to get made up as a clown in my black and blue.

Since CBJ would no longer be in the west I would feel no risk to the Preds if the Bugs get a couple of top 10 picks in the draft.

I'm betting my arrogance and clown juju can get the Blue Jackets the #1 pick.

Pros: You either get to laugh at me or CBJ fans. CBJ would be moving to the east and would be better than the Kidnapped Thrashers.

Cons: Not many.

Opinions? do it, no?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
no way would they switch conferences in this shortened year.

and I would think they would wait and announce the switch next summer, if it is going to occur.

but in principle, knock yourself out....

zellthemedic

Feb 3, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
With the CBA being on their minds the entire time during this makeshift off-season, I have really high doubts that they have anything close to a proposal for newer conferences or divisions.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
no way would they switch conferences in this shortened year.

and I would think they would wait and announce the switch next summer, if it is going to occur.

but in principle, knock yourself out....

I'm reffering if they make an announcement before the draft lottery. That is the condition to the bet. It Detroit whines about the promise to Bettman and find a way east, then no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad