A good Alex Bourret comparision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Brenden Morrow? Can play on all three lines, are physical, have a scoring touch, and both are warriors. How about it? Morrow is 5-11, and Bourret is 5-10/9. Bourret seems a tad bit more physical though.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
I agree with your comparism to Morrow, except that Bourret's skating is even better.

I think he'll be a great pick with a guarantee of becoming a legitimate top end 3rd liner with a 50% chance of becoming a solid 2nd liner and a 35% chance at 1st line duties.

Geez, my Math is off. What happened to the other 15 %??

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I agree that he plays a bit like Peca. I think he can score more like the old Peca than the recent Peca. He hits more often (sometimes takes himself out of a play just to make a hit - but NHL coaches will put a stop to that) but doesn't have the outstanding character abilities Peca has.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
GaryU said:
Lemieux.................Jocelyn Lemieux.

Gary, that was my original thought as well, but after thinking and hoping, I believe AB's hockey sense is better and therefore his "hands" hopefully will mean the difference between those two.

Always liked JL though for his effort ea and every second, so even if AB's numbers fall off the chart @ the NHL level, (a.ka. Lemieux) he will still be a contributer.

As a fellow Hawk fan, I'd welcome him into the fold as well as Skille, but my gut feeling is AB first.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Russian_fanatic said:
Brenden Morrow? Can play on all three lines, are physical, have a scoring touch, and both are warriors. How about it? Morrow is 5-11, and Bourret is 5-10/9. Bourret seems a tad bit more physical though.

Claude Lemieux

braino

Sep 14, 2002
Visit site
Bourret's comparison

Alex Bourret looks chubby in the face (Mark Recchi chubby) but don't let the chubby fool you as he can skate, hit and make offensive plays.

It's hard to compare this early but he is a dirty sob and plays hard every shift. I'd have to say Claude Lemieux at best right now and at worst you might be looking at a Shayne Corson type player in Corson's younger days. Bourret will not back down from anyone. Look for Bourret to make Atlanta this season and score 20 points or so in a 4th line agitating role and kill penalties is another forte of his. Good pick here by Atlanta as they need to add their Claude Lemieux grit guy to Sakic (heatley) and Forsberg (kovalchuk). We are not just talking grinder here, he's got skill too.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
nomorekids said:
not a fan of this guy at all. undersized agitator who can score( a lot in juniors, occasionally in the NHL, i'm going to predict)

Sean Avery.

Bleh. Bourret has nothing to do with Sean Avery. Maybe you haven't seen him play and just made that up from what you possibly deduced.

Avery can't hit anybody even if he puts his whole heart to it but Bourret can hit anybody and hurt them. Ask Big Bobby Ryan. And he is damn well talented and he outshone every single prospect at the Remax Challenge and at the Prospects game with his determination and amazing peripheral vision.

As for a comparison, I think he is more like a Jordin Tootoo with playmaking skills. Very interesting package.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Similar size to Martin Lapointe, similar junior numbers, similar draft position, and similar scouting reports. Will they have similar NHL careers, who knows?

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
I feel sorry for him then.......Oh, you mean Theo 6-8-10 yrs. ago....Ok.
Still I'll stick with the Jocelyn Lemieux comparison. I too thought he was a tremendous player when he was here in Chicago.

frnchmn11

Jun 19, 2005
Something that is interesting...During last years season, we (Lewiston) were playing Qeubec. Bourret hit Lavallee with a visious slash across the wrist and Lavallee lost quite a few games with a broken wrist. The first time we played Quebec with Lavallee in the lineup he went after Bourret. The reason I find this interesting is they both were drafted by Atlanta. I guess stepping up should clean the slate but I'm not so sure :dunno:

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
frnchmn11 said:
Something that is interesting...During last years season, we (Lewiston) were playing Qeubec. Bourret hit Lavallee with a visious slash across the wrist and Lavallee lost quite a few games with a broken wrist. The first time we played Quebec with Lavallee in the lineup he went after Bourret. The reason I find this interesting is they both were drafted by Atlanta. I guess stepping up should clean the slate but I'm not so sure :dunno:
Injuring each other in camp would be counter productive, only Bill Guerin can get away with that behavior. It is a point of interest i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad