GDT: A Gameday Thread, featuring CGY and COL, Generic Monahan Edition.

Did you get eight hours of sleep last night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm surprised not a single person asked anyone about this last night but maybe it just went unnoticed and blew up too late.

Reactions: MacBradley

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm surprised not a single person asked anyone about this last night but maybe it just went unnoticed and blew up too late.

I don't think that footage was making the rounds until after the postgame scrums. And like it or not Lauren's not gonna swoop in there with anything other than the usual softball questions. No offense to her, that's just what her employers want.

However he's gonna get bombarded with questions about it from the Montreal hockey media today and tomorrow.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Underrated reaction in all of that was Bennett watching Nate yell at his head coach, fall on his butt, and seemingly thinking, "yeah I'm not gonna help you up." :laugh:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That picture is much better than anything I screencap from the Altitude broadcasts.

DwjbwaDWoAAww2N.jpg:large

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Lets be honest, nobody really knows what Nate said, or who he said it to. It's just not clear enough. Could easily have been telling the ref to do his job, who had just skated by, and he looked at right before.

I still think the most likely case is he was upset Bednar put him on the far side away from the play while the puck was shot in the EN, instead of where he likes to be involved in the play, driving down low battling with the puck, and coming out of the corner on the left side. Then he yelled at the ref who had missed multiple calls on him and others.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Surprised it took that long. Only way Nate gets traded to NYR is in a three team deal with Edmonton for McDavid.

Don't you know MacKinnon will ask for a trade to the Big Apple after we fail to make the playoffs this year?

Reactions: Waingro

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Not sure I agree, everyone knows I think Q is insanely overrated, but he has a house in Vail and I get the sense that he loves Colorado (he's been here ever since '95). He would probably take a more reasonable fee to come here and coach than to the likes of St. Louis or Philadelphia.

I've complained about Bednar in the past, but I want to see him with some more actual talent before we're talking about a coaching change here. We're only one season removed from being one of the worst teams in about a decade, of course there would be some rust to iron out (not targeting you specifically, but everyone who w.

I certainly don't agree that Q is overrated. Like I've said many times over, we finished with 3 straight 95 point finishes and made the playoffs twice under his watch and when you look at those rosters, we had no business making the playoffs during those years. Weak rosters and too much Brett Clark!

Three Stanley Cups in Chicago is pretty impressive in itself. It's hard to keep the same core of guys motivated for so long whereas they are competing hard enough to win 3 cups!

I do agree with you that I think he loves Colorado as well and as long as you offer him something fair, I don't think you'd have to twist his arm too much.

For Bednar, sure it would be nice to see what he can do with more talent but that's like putting a band-aid on a severed arm. He's failed with the talent he's already got by not at least attempting different configurations and continually staying with what worked last year. That gets old fast.

Pierre Maguire mentioned it last week that since December 17th ever since we played the Islanders - Barry Trotz came in with a great game plan and shut us down. Other teams have picked up on it and we are 2-7-2 ever since. It's been 3 weeks and there have been ZERO adjustments apart from inconsequential 4th line minor moves.

tenor.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I keep hearing they playing very well just not getting the wins, you cant win when you fall behind by couple of goals every single game then try to come back. When was the last time this team scored the 1st goal other than the Rangers game? If I remember correctly they did score 1st in that one, but other than that, they haven't had a lead in games for a while now. If that's playing very well then I dont know what to say.

They did outshot the opponents last two games but no one on this team can finish besides the 1st line. If they keep acknowledging that they are playing very well, this losing is gonna continue. They're not playing very well, they need to get a lead, play with a lead and win a game to be considered playing well
When they start getting decent goaltending they will certainly have a much better chance of winning the way they are playing.

As for your last paragraph, I completely disagree. A team can certainly be playing very well and be behind in the score and even losing the game. During that slump they certainly haven't played well all the time but overall the play wasn't that bad especially the last two games where they dominated the two best teams in the West. With better goaltending they could have been much closer to .500. Not great you would say but it would have lessen the slump considerably. Until they start getting some saves this team will keep losing though.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It looks like MacKinnon says, "are you kidding? I've been doing my job all year" As he's coming back up from falling it looks like he says do your job.

This would make sense to the theory that Bednar first told MacKinnon to do his job, which prompted the reaction.

If Bednar did say that to MacKinnon, wow. Bednar is probably fired midway through last season if MacKinnon doesn't take the team on his back every night. I've liked Bednar's demeanour though for the most part, so hopefully this is nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad