A few thoughts on the Oilers and one for this year.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
As a fan since 88 I can’t remember being so pissed off as I was last year.

I still think LA should have beaten the Oilers after going up 3-0 in the game in the middle of the series.

I think Korpisalo wasn’t that great after the first two games honestly.

-This made me think that the Kings should have road Copley. I think it was a bit of indignity thrown his way after saving their bacon. I don’t think Korpisalo was that much of an upgrade honestly and Talbot isn’t either honestly.

-The biggest nut kick was McDavid chiming in that the Kings had no answer. Honestly, McDavid and Draisaitl walked all over them.

The Kings answered by trimming excess away and adding PLD. I had been calling to remove excess but i honestly know very little of pld. I hope he is more than a 20 goal 60 point player tho.

On paper LA looks pretty good. The goaltending experiment will be interesting. Are LA that good that they can carry adequate goaltending? Guess we will see.

I’m still not sold that Calgary or Vancouver will be as bad this year. The Kings are a good team but I think it will be a dogfight. They could just as easily miss the playoffs. I don’t think TMac will be the guy to get them over the hump as well.

P.S. I think LA moved on from Vilardi for fear of his back injuries,

I don’t know if the road will lead through Edmonton but nothing is predictable with todays NHL parity.

Gonna be an interesting season. Hope they find the answer to getting deeper into the playoffs if at all.

Not sure what I’m trying to say just that o have tempered expectations.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Copley was given an opportunity in relief and promptly let in an extremely bad angle soft goal.
That was his chance to run the rest of the series, blown
Korpi was great in the first 2 games but failed to make the needed saves later in the series.
Others have made the point here that Vegas defended the Oil differently and won.
I understand that they have different players and their top 6 d stayed healthy but they shut down the best PP in history and that greased the skids to a cup.

Gag

Barf

(festering hate)

Reactions: LAKings88

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
As a fan since 88 I can’t remember being so pissed off as I was last year.

I still think LA should have beaten the Oilers after going up 3-0 in the game in the middle of the series.

I think Korpisalo wasn’t that great after the first two games honestly.

-This made me think that the Kings should have road Copley. I think it was a bit of indignity thrown his way after saving their bacon. I don’t think Korpisalo was that much of an upgrade honestly and Talbot isn’t either honestly.

-The biggest nut kick was McDavid chiming in that the Kings had no answer. Honestly, McDavid and Draisaitl walked all over them.

The Kings answered by trimming excess away and adding PLD. I had been calling to remove excess but i honestly know very little of pld. I hope he is more than a 20 goal 60 point player tho.

On paper LA looks pretty good. The goaltending experiment will be interesting. Are LA that good that they can carry adequate goaltending? Guess we will see.

I’m still not sold that Calgary or Vancouver will be as bad this year. The Kings are a good team but I think it will be a dogfight. They could just as easily miss the playoffs. I don’t think TMac will be the guy to get them over the hump as well.

P.S. I think LA moved on from Vilardi for fear of his back injuries,

I don’t know if the road will lead through Edmonton but nothing is predictable with todays NHL parity.

Gonna be an interesting season. Hope they find the answer to getting deeper into the playoffs if at all.

Not sure what I’m trying to say just that o have tempered expectations.
I agree with the majority of this. The Kings still need to learn how to win in the playoffs.
The koala was also badly outcoached the last two years

Reactions: LAKings88

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Agree. I do think one of Todd's miscalcs was platooning Korpisalo & Copley leading up to the playoffs. Most coaches will stick with 1 by early March. As a result neither goalie was as sharp or in the zone as they could've been.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
They will miss the playoffs in the last week of the season.
T-Mac will be gone.
Kopitar makes a generic quote about everyone having to look themselves in the mirror.
Luc and Blake somehow remain.
Kopitar and Doughty still run the team.
Byfield establishes himself as a 40 point wing.
Turcotte can't crack the NHL lineup.
2024 offseason Blake makes a major or multiple trade acquisitions that "solve" the Kings problems on paper.
Mayor and "Kings media" hype it up to inflate the demoralized fanbase.
2024-2025 - Byfield is an inconsistent 50-60 point wing. Turcotte is no longer with the team. Clarke starts outplaying Doughty but has his season derailed by a major injury. Kings get bounced in the first round by Oilers.

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Looking at other old threads I came across this one which I thought relevant with the loss to edm a couple games ago.

I posted it in September prior to the season. I think most of us expected LA to be in that 3rd - wildcard range.

The start of the year was a bit misleading and I bought into what looked like a wagon. I still think they are very good team when firing on all cylinders.

They haven't shown the ability to really step up against the better teams tho.

Vancouver has been dominant this year changing the pecking order. They have underperformed for a couuple seasons. Vegas was hurt one year that LA made the playoffs.

All in all, LA is fighting for it with Van, Edm, and Vegas. Seattle is now creeping up with Dacorrd in net.

Still gonna be a dog fight for LA. Can't have prolonged losing streaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faterson

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
They will miss the playoffs in the last week of the season.
T-Mac will be gone.
Kopitar makes a generic quote about everyone having to look themselves in the mirror.
Luc and Blake somehow remain.
Kopitar and Doughty still run the team.
Byfield establishes himself as a 40 point wing.
Turcotte can't crack the NHL lineup.
2024 offseason Blake makes a major or multiple trade acquisitions that "solve" the Kings problems on paper.
Mayor and "Kings media" hype it up to inflate the demoralized fanbase.
2024-2025 - Byfield is an inconsistent 50-60 point wing. Turcotte is no longer with the team. Clarke starts outplaying Doughty but has his season derailed by a major injury. Kings get bounced in the first round by Oilers.

Not bad tbh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad