A few general questions never asked (about things a GM should do!)

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hey guys

Sure its some sort of Chuck bashing. But i want to talk about in a bit more in general.

If a GM comes to a new franchise what should be the steps he needs to do! We all have played a lot of manager games and talk 1000 of hours about our favourite franchise in different sports. So a lot of should know our way to go in such a situation.

My way:

1. Meet the staff and the players.
2. Learn the pros and cons of all people involved.
3. Search for things that need to be better. Look for things already good.
4. Learn and understand what is financial possible and what is NOT!
5. Understand the Franchise. The Image of the franchise the place in the media and what image you want to create in the next YEARS.
6. Who are the Franchise defining players on your roster.
7. Did you need new Coaches, what Coach you want to get, especially what coach is able to use the strenghts of your players most likely
8. Are players on your Pro Team Roster that have ending contracts. Are important players about to leave without you getting anything.
9. Re-sign important players or trade players who arent important enough to re-sign.
10. Do I have a Face of the Franchise, the Fans and Media love and helps the marketing, ticket and merchandise! Is he satisfied in the franchise, is he signed long term, what did he need to stay or to get signed longterm.
11. If i see iam about to loose important players, how can i react on this situation! Did i need another player who is as good as him. Or do i have young players who can grow in this role.
12. Did my new Franchise have a good scouting who is scouting the whole world. Did iam able to sign most unsigned players from around the world to a pro contract, or do i need to sign amateur players from my hometown!

If i look at the resume of our latest GM, how many of this steps did he go? And how many of this steps does he ignored!

2. he dont know any cons about our allumni!
3. he thought it is defense and lockerroom change! BULLSHIT
4. He dont understand the salary cap!
5. He want the bullies like his cronies! BULLSHIT
6. Giroux, Ghost, Voracek, Couts, Hart. He traded them mostly and dont get any player back who is able to be a Face of the Franchise!!!!
7. AV was the worst Coach for this roster!
8. He signed Hayes, Ristolainen, traded for Ellis so he cant give Giroux a new contract
9. Resign Ristolainen, Let Giroux go! Bullshit!
10. He let Giroux go cause he thought he was part of the Problem! BULLSHIT
11. He knows he wanted to get rid of Voracek, Ghost and Giroux. But he has NO plan who should be their replacements! We have 0 Players who are able to be define the franchise! Thats why we know hear about Zac fighting, or FIsto hitting.
12. The NHL is a worldwide operating league. The Flyers have scouting in all important league all over the planet! And Fletcher thinks most good players are found in his homestate!!! THIS IS INSANE!!!!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad