Proposal: A deal centered around Myers + Ehlers for RNH + Larsson

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Myers (re-signed at 5 x 4m?) and Ehlers (6 x 6m) for

RNH (3 x 6m) and Larsson (3 x 4.2m).

Myers is the puck moving D man and Ehlers is on McD's wing for the next 6 years at 6m per. The fastest duo in the league.
The Jets get a replacement for Trouba for when he leaves and sign Stone next summer to replace Ehlers. In the meantime, Vesalainen will fill in for him.
Stone is going to cost another 2.5m per but we save about that much on Trouba's next contract over Larsson's and we also get back a haul for Trouba not counting RNH for a great, still youngish, center.

I think the Oilers add but not sure what/how much?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No interest in this at all from an Edmonton perspective. Just focusing on the forwards, I prefer RNH and his ability to play the middle when needed over Ehlers, who probably doesn't add much more in terms of offense next to Connor McDavid.

The defense doesn't need to be explained. That's just a ridiculously bad trade off.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Pretty bad for Edmonton. This literally does nothing for them, not that it’s an amazing deal for the Jets either. But we lose the more versatile forward that already has chemistry with our best playerz And Larsson is already signed to an awesome deal, why give that up when we are in a cap crunch?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
myers isnt signing for 4m unless he has a horrible season.

I dont think edmonton would take this deal, i think the like the versatility that nuge can provide to the team, and larsson is a bit better then the oft injured myers.

I think this makes a bit more sense for jets but i think they might say no too. At least with Nuge the jets would have solid center depth.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Absolutely no interest at all from Edmonton.

For what seems to be the five millionth time, the ‘but think about XXX with McDavid!’ argument is NOT A SELLING POINT. McDavid is the best player in the league already. We don’t need your winger to make him better, and we damn sure don’t need to weaken our centres and defence to do so.

Myers has zero business being on a top pairing, which is what we’d need him to do if we didn’t have Larsson soaking up tough matchups and defensive zone starts.

Last edited:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I think I like Ehlers the most in this. I can understand to a point while Edmonton wouldn't do this but I can certainly see why Winnipeg wouldn't.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McDavid is fine with Rattie .. Edmonton passes up on this great chance of acquiring Ehlers.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Edmonton says no, Winnipeg hesitates because of Ehlers but they would be stupid to say no so they accept.
No, the Jets still decline. Ehlers is the best player in the deal on the best contract, and he's good buddies with Laine. When the team is doing well, you don't make trades just for the sake of it, though Edmonton's history would point to that possibly even being a bad idea when the team is bad.

Myers is better offensively than Larsson and a lot worse defensively. Neither one is a top pairing defenseman. Oilers fans keep overrating Larsson just because of what they gave up and how awful their D is. You see it with Nurse too. Larsson doesn't sway me on the Ehlers/RNH swap at all. Steady but nothing special.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
WPG would be extremely stupid to trade away Ehlers. That offer is pretty bad tbh. Easy pass for them.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Don't like giving up the best player on the best contract so that makes it a no for the jets although value wise it is pretty even. All in all pretty good proposal.

Ehlers at 6 could be our next Schiefele-like contract. Nylander is an identical player and hes asking for millions more. These long term savings mean a lot to a cap team like the jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->