GDT: A Confidence Game|Jackets v Bruins|4-2-19|7 p.m.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Here's the scoop... The Jackets must win out..... one stupid ass mental loss and Montreal will probably take 2WC.... The Habs just beat Tampa, they have Price, they can win out!!!

Reactions: The Bread Man

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Here's the scoop... The Jackets must win out..... one stupid ass mental loss and Montreal will probably take 2WC.... The Habs just beat Tampa, they have Price, they can win out!!!
Imagine the rangers being the team to put a dagger in Torts time with the cbj :D. The parallels between how Torts played out in NY, and here are nearly identical

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Anyone who didn't expect this outcome tonight has not been a CBJ fan long enough. Same goes for anyone who expected different reactions here on this board.
I sadly expected this result and what makes me upset is that I was right. I knew that they were not going to end the season on an 8 game winning streak and I thought this game was the most likely loss. They should be able to get the job done against the NYR and the Sens but they need to play much tighter than they did tonight. Tonight was a very sloppy game defensively.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Don’t sound so happy, people might think you’re rooting for it!
Of course I’m not rooting for it :D. But I try to find the silver lining in all situations . I will note , I created the fire Torts thread quite a while ago . In all seriousness , I think we win out , and make some noise in the playoffs , and dammit , this city , and it’s long term fans deserve that

Reactions: Robert

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Habs are not going to beat the Caps in Washington when the Caps still have something (1st place in the Met).
Just take care of your end and everything will be fine.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Of course I’m not rooting for it :D. But I try to find the silver lining in all situations . I will note , I created the fire Torts thread quite a while ago . In all seriousness , I think we win out , and make some noise in the playoffs , and dammit , this city , and it’s long term fans deserve that

2-0 gives us a chance to play Washington, which would be our only chance to make noise IMO. Tampa is a sweep

Reactions: The Bread Man

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I watched until it was 4-0, then had to jet for a men's league game (thankfully).

What I saw was just too much impatience. They got down 2-0, and the attitude seemed to quickly move to outright desperation, even though it was still early in the second period. I don't know if it's coming from Torts' safe is death crap, or the defencemen's nerves got rattled (it sure looks like it with Jones sometimes), but they started jumping up on every play. Jones got caught on the third goal, and Harrington on the fourth, both cases leading to 2 on 1s. There were a couple breakaways just before that. We don't need the D to take that many risks, not until late in the third.

When you have this much scoring ability on one team (7 20 goal scorers now), you don't need to play a full court press to score 2 goals. Pick your spots. There's half an hour left. You could score two quick ones on the PP for all you know. You could even get outplayed thoroughly and still snipe your way to two points some nights.

-----------------

I think what turned things around for the Jackets 5 games ago was just solid patient defence. There's a long list of individuals who greatly stepped up their play - Foligno, Dubinsky, Panarin, Bjorkstrand, Kukan, etc.. But it did look to me like there was a more important change in the gameplan, towards more patience and opportunism. They didn't try and force rush play (I'd guess the Jackets have to be like minus 30 on rush plays this year, and plus 40 on zone play, which if true would make you wonder why the coaches insist on the D jumping up so much). Instead last week they just focused on getting the puck behind the red line and forcing turnovers. That very quickly leads to opportunities for talent to shine - it's not an alternative, it's a complement to the talent this team has.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Imagine the rangers being the team to put a dagger in Torts time with the cbj :D. The parallels between how Torts played out in NY, and here are nearly identical

Or Duclair with the GWG on Saturday in OT when we needed a win. :laugh:

Still think we’ll make the playoffs. And that’s when we’ll get the true (and possibly final) look at Torts. My opinion on him changes like the wind. His coaching reminds me of how someone might describe Matt Calvert’s play...

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Or a six of this ...

GM_Bottle-Can-comp_WEBTRANS.png

The Lasses are a Storm King family ourselves. But the Golden Monkey is tasty too.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Game sucked. It was "one of those games." Every bounce worked out in Boston's favor early, despite the play being fairly well balanced. But the Jackets pressed and gave up goals 3 and and that was game.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Is there anyway to see who has the highest PPG pace against a team? Marchand has to be top 5 in ours, always seems like he gets at least two points per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->